Delegate Matt Fariss (R-Rustburg)
- 59: Counties of Albemarle (part), Appomattox, Buckingham, Campbell (part), and Nelson (part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2012
- Next Election
- November 2015
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources, Finance, Militia, Police and Public Safety
- Copatroning Habits
- 86% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 100% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 72% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 55.6% in 2013
- Campaign Contributions
- $1,133.66 cash on hand (May 2013 report)
|Dominion Leadership Trust||Political||Fredericksburg||$2,500|
|John and Margaret Whitlock||Multi Media||Richmond||$2,000|
|Dave Albo for Delegate||Political||Springfield||$1,300|
|Majority Leaders PAC||Political||Colonial Heights||$1,000|
|Abbott Laboratories Employee PAC||Politcal||IL||$500|
|Virginia Bank PAC||Political||Glen Allen||$500|
|Electric Cooperatives of Virginia||Electric Utilties||Glen Allen||$500|
|Altria Client Services, Inc.||Consulting||Richmond||$500|
No mentions found.
July 13, 2012
MattFariss: The 2012 Romney Campaign bus stopped by The Lynchburg Republican Headquarters!! http://t.co/aDfWQpTF #
July 13, 2012
MattFariss: The 2012 Romney Campaign bus stopped by The Lynchburg Republican Headquarters!! http://t.co/DoiIi70Y #
July 13, 2012
MattFariss: The 2012 Romney Campaign bus stopped by The Lynchburg Republican Headquarters!! http://t.co/VH0XSnFf #
June 25, 2012
MattFariss: Bobby & Harrison @ our chicken farm. http://t.co/vPwH5mNo #
June 25, 2012
MattFariss: Thanks to the South Central Association of Realtors- great food and fellowship at their annual BBQ in Farmville! http://t.co/Zkxvibuo #
These are all of the video clips of Matt Fariss’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2012. There are 27 video clips in all.
- HB64: Stephen L. Thompson Memorial Highway; designating as a portion of Va. Route 24 in Town of Rustburg.
- HB398: Statutes of limitation; accrual of right of action.
- HB441: Motor vehicle insurance; salvage vehicles.
- HB560: Land use permits; issued by VDOT to a company providing utility service solely for agricultural use.
- HB741: Antique motor vehicles; exempted from exhaust system requirements.
- HB856: Hazardous waste; removes requirement that permit is required from DEQ to transport.
- HB857: Muzzle-loading rifle season; persons to wear certain blaze orange clothing.
- HB858: State forest activity fee; Department of Forestry to promulgate emergency regulations to establish.
- HB1042: Muzzleloading pistols; allowed to use certain pistols to hunt game birds, etc., in certain counties.
- HB1071: Stormwater Management Program; delays implementation by local governments.
- HB1168: Wetland and stream mitigation banks; state lands that are used to provide compensatory mitigation.
- HJ110: Commending Altavista Combined School football team.
- HJ146: Celebrating the life of Hugh T. Pendleton, Jr.
- HJ215: Commending Charles Warren Falwell, Sr.
- HJ227: Celebrating the life of Clayton Campbell Bryant, Sr.
- HJ282: Celebrating the life of Floyd Withers Merryman, Jr.
- HJ308: Commending the Appomattox Angels All-Star softball team.
- HJ5040: Celebrating the life of James Rudolph Burgess.
- HJ5047: Commending Altavista Combined School boys' basketball team.
- HB1363: Private security services businesses; exempts certain employees and representatives from training.
- HB2085: Consumer Counsel of Dept. of Law, Division of; replaces referenece to Office of Consumer Affairs.
- HB2086: Agriculture and Consumer Services, Board of; regulatory powers.
- HB2214: Licenses, restricted; issued when suspended for failure to pay fines and costs.
- HB2248: Money laundering; adds investigations of violations to multijurisdiction grand juries.
- HB2279: Children; placement of nonresident child in State residential facility.
- HJ744: United Cherokee Indian Tribe of Virginia, Incorporated; State Recognition.
- HJ765: Celebrating the life of Staff Sergeant Gregory Todd Copes.
- HJ778: Commending J. R. Burgess.
- HB742: Farm vehicles; distance limit.
- HB743: Farm utility vehicles; tax exemption.
- HB744: Interstate Compact on Placement of Children; placement of children in residential facility.
- HB1219: Common Interest Community Board; authorized to terminate inactive condominium, etc., registrations.
- HB1269: Zoning appeals, board of; appeals resulting in tie vote may be carried over until next meeting.
- HJ498: Commending Stephen L. Thompson, M.D.
- HJ499: Commending Hugh W. Rosser.