Delegate Joseph Yost (R-Blacksburg)
- 12: Counties of Giles, Montgomery (part), and Pulaski (part); City of Radford [map]
- Took Office
- January 2012
- Next Election
- November 2013
- Education, Health, Welfare and Institutions, Privileges and Elections
- Copatroning Habits
- 85% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 56% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 72% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 31.3% in 2013
|Virginia Republican Party||Republican Party committees||$158,587|
|Dominion Leadership Trust||PACs operated by Republican state politicians||$108,150|
|Opportunity Virginia Pac||Republican-based groups (but not official party committees) and generic conservative ones||$15,000|
|Majority Leader Pac||PACs operated by Republican state politicians||$10,000|
|Virginia Dental Association||Dentists||$3,000|
|Friends Of Tim Hugo||Republican candidate committees||$3,000|
|Friends Of Manoli Loupassi||Republican candidate committees||$2,500|
|Virginia Beer Wholesalers Association||Liquor wholesalers||$2,500|
|Friends Of Terry Gilgore For Delegate||Republican candidate committees||$2,000|
|Virginia Auto & Truck Dealers Association||Auto dealers, new & used||$2,000|
Data provided by The National Institute on Money in State Politics.
May 9, 2013
May 3, 2013
May 2, 2013
March 24, 2013
March 15, 2013
May 20, 2013
Southwest Times: Yost named 'Legislator of the Year' by NAMI
May 3, 2013
Southwest Times: Annual Radford Memorial Day service features local luminaries
May 14, 2013
Southwest Times: Ride of Silence held in Radford to honor fallen cyclists
May 9, 2013
These are all of the video clips of Joseph Yost’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2012. There are 20 video clips in all.
- HB1356: Health insurance; local government employees eligibile to participate in state employee plan.
- HB1379: Law-Enforcement Assistance Program; DCJS to develop a peer-counseling program.
- HB1380: Assault and battery; includes campus police officers within enhanced penalty provision.
- HB1449: Alcoholic beverage control; mixed beverage licenses for certain properties.
- HB1463: Tramadol; adds to list of Schedule IV controlled substances.
- HB1464: Coal miners; designating April 13 of each year as day of recognition.
- HB1537: Student teachers & student teacher supervisors; fingerprinting, criminal history records check, etc.
- HB1538: Virginia Code Commission; periodic review of Code of Virginia.
- HB1623: Child sexual abuse cases; prior sex offenses against children admissible in evidence.
- HB1666: Professional counselors; licensure.
- HB1680: Temporary detention orders; increases maximum duration person may be detained from 48 to 72 hours.
- HB1681: Child labor permits; transfers task of issuing from public school superintendents to DOLI.
- HB2216: Local boundaries for law-enforcement; organizing for purpose of 911 dispatch and response.
- HB2345: School Safety, Va. Center for; development of model critical incident response training program.
- HJ583: Commending Richard E. Sorensen.
- HJ768: Coal Miners Day; designating as April 13, 2013, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HB851: Higher education; establishing violence prevention committees and threat assessment teams.
- HB852: Higher educational institutions; may require any accepted student provide complete record.
- HB853: Suicidal students; higher educational institutions shall develop policies addressing.
- HB854: Drug treatment court; established in County of Montgomery.
- HB855: Nuisance species; definitionto include coyotes and feral swine.
- HB856: Critical incident stress management teams; privileged information regarding criminal acts, etc.
- HB857: Bicycles; Town Council of Blacksburg to permit operation in either direction on one-way streets.
- HB858: Tramadol; added to list of Schedule IV controlled substances.
- HB1142: Charter; Town of Glen Lyn.
- HB1179: Public schools; providing character education program during regular school year or summer.
- HJ5007: Commending Fran Rooker.
- HR588: Celebrating the life of Staff Sergeant Brandon F. Eggleston.