Racing Commission; authorizes wagering on historical horse racing. (SB1101)

Introduced By

Sen. Mark Herring (D-Leesburg)


Passed Committee
Passed House
Passed Senate
Signed by Governor
Became Law


Virginia Racing Commission; simulcast horse racing; allocations. Authorizes wagering on historical horse racing. The bill also allocates the proceeds from such racing with 37 percent of the proceeds distributed to the Commonwealth Transportation Trust Fund and the remaining 63 percent distributed to other entities. In addition, the bill requires (i) the existing racetrack to provide gambling educational programs including information on the availability of gambling addiction counseling and (ii) the promulgation of emergency regulations. Read the Bill »


Bill Has Failed


01/13/2009Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/14/09 098498240
01/13/2009Referred to Committee on General Laws and Technology
01/28/2009Stricken at request of Patron in General Laws and Technology (15-Y 0-N) (see vote tally)