Alcoholic beverage control; retail licensee advertising Happy Hour on its website. (HB470)
|Signed by Governor|
Alcoholic beverage control; advertising "Happy Hour." Provides that nothing in ABC law or ABC Board regulations shall be construed to prohibit a retail on-premises licensee from advertising "Happy Hour" or "Drink Specials" and the time period during which alcoholic beverages are being sold at reduced prices using the Internet or similar forms of electronic communications media, provided the licensee complies with all other provisions of ABC law and Board regulations. Amends § 4.1-320, of the Code of Virginia. Read the Bill »
- 01/10/2012 Committee
- 01/10/2012 Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/12 12101415D
- 01/10/2012 Referred to Committee on General Laws
- 01/18/2012 Assigned GL sub: #3 ABC/Gaming
- 01/26/2012 Impact statement from DPB (HB470)
- 02/02/2012 Subcommittee recommends reporting with amendment(s) (6-Y 0-N)
- 02/07/2012 Reported from General Laws with substitute (21-Y 0-N) (see vote tally)
- 02/07/2012 Committee substitute printed 12104856D-H1
- 02/07/2012 Incorporates HB1026
- 02/08/2012 Read first time
- 02/09/2012 Read second time
- 02/09/2012 Committee substitute agreed to 12104856D-H1
- 02/09/2012 Engrossed by House - committee substitute HB470H1
- 02/10/2012 Read third time and passed House BLOCK VOTE (97-Y 0-N)
- 02/10/2012 VOTE: BLOCK VOTE PASSAGE (97-Y 0-N) (see vote tally)
- 02/13/2012 Constitutional reading dispensed
- 02/13/2012 Referred to Committee on Rehabilitation and Social Services
- 02/17/2012 Stricken at request of Patron in Rehabilitation and Social Services (15-Y 0-N) (see vote tally)
This bill was discussed on the floor of the General Assembly. Below is all of the video that we have of that discussion, 1 clip in all, totaling 2 minutes.
This is a transcript of the video clips in which this bill is discussed.
The following bills are identical to this one: HB1026.