Grottoes, Town of; amending charter, appointment of member to office of vice-mayor, etc. (HB1396)
|Signed by Governor|
Charter; Town of Grottoes. Authorizes the town council to appoint a member to the office of vice-mayor, to serve in the event of the mayor's absence or inability to act. Read the Bill »
- 07/27/2016 Committee
- 07/27/2016 Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/17 17100172D
- 07/27/2016 Referred to Committee on Counties, Cities and Towns
- 01/04/2017 Impact statement from DHCD (HB1396)
- 01/12/2017 Assigned CC & T sub: Subcommittee #1
- 01/18/2017 Subcommittee recommends reporting (10-Y 0-N)
- 01/20/2017 Reported from Counties, Cities and Towns (19-Y 0-N) (see vote tally)
- 01/23/2017 Read first time
- 01/24/2017 Read second time and engrossed
- 01/25/2017 Read third time and passed House BLOCK VOTE (99-Y 0-N)
- 01/25/2017 VOTE: BLOCK VOTE PASSAGE (99-Y 0-N) (see vote tally)
- 01/26/2017 Constitutional reading dispensed
- 01/26/2017 Referred to Committee on Local Government
- 02/14/2017 Reported from Local Government (8-Y 0-N) (see vote tally)
- 02/16/2017 Constitutional reading dispensed (39-Y 0-N) (see vote tally)
- 02/17/2017 Read third time
- 02/17/2017 Passed Senate (40-Y 0-N) (see vote tally)
- 02/21/2017 Enrolled
- 02/21/2017 Signed by Speaker
- 02/21/2017 Signed by President
- 02/21/2017 Bill text as passed House and Senate (HB1396ER)
- 02/21/2017 Enrolled Bill communicated to Governor on 2/21/17
- 02/21/2017 G Governor's Action Deadline Midnight, March 27, 2017
- 03/20/2017 G Approved by Governor-Chapter 659 (effective 7/1/17)
- 03/20/2017 G Acts of Assembly Chapter text (CHAP0659)
This bill was discussed on the floor of the General Assembly. Below is all of the video that we have of that discussion, 1 clip in all, totaling 25 seconds.
This is a transcript of the video clips in which this bill is discussed.
Del. Bill Howell (R-Fredericksburg): WHO RECEIVE HOME INSTRUCTION.
[Unknown]: GENTLEMAN FROM RICHMOND CITY, MIS-McQUINN. THANK YOU, MR. SPEAKER, SPEAKING TO THE BILL. GENTLEMAN HAS THE FLOOR. THANK YOU, I KNOW THERE ARE INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS BILL. AND I THOUGHT IT'S IMPORTANT TO MAKE STATEMENTS.
The following bills are identical to this one: SB786.