Permanent farm use placard; an owner or lessee to obtain for vehicle from DMV. (HB179)

Introduced By

Del. Rob Bloxom (R-Accomack)


Passed Committee
Passed House
Passed Senate
Signed by Governor
Became Law


Department of Motor Vehicles; permanent farm use placard. Requires an owner or lessee of a vehicle claiming a farm use exemption from the registration, licensing, and decal requirements for a vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer to obtain a permanent farm use placard from the Department of Motor Vehicles. The applicant is required to provide a limited amount of information about the vehicle and its usage, pay a fee that may not exceed the cost of the placard, and show proof of insurance. Once a vehicle is no longer used for farm use, the owner or lessee is required to return the farm use placard to the Department. Read the Bill »


01/18/2022: Awaiting a Vote in the Transportation Committee


01/10/2022Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/12/22 22101251D
01/10/2022Referred to Committee on Transportation
01/18/2022Assigned Transportation sub: Subcommittee #1 Department of Motor Vehicles

Post a Public Comment About this Bill

if you have one

(Limited HTML is OK: <a>, <em>, <strong>, <s>)