Delegate Alfonso Lopez (D-Arlington)
- 49: Counties of Arlington (part) and Fairfax (part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2012
- Next Election
- November 2017
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources, Militia, Police and Public Safety, Science and Technology
- Copatroning Habits
- 73% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Democrats. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 90% of them are Democrats. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 54% of them are Democrats.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 3.3% in 2016
- Campaign Contributions
- cash on hand (December 1969 report)
Blue Virginia (press release) (blog): Del. Alfonso Lopez: VA GOP ?Should Be Ashamed? of ?Ugly Alt-Right?Attacks Against Muslim Americans
March 29, 2017
March 16, 2017
Blue Virginia (press release) (blog): Ranking the Competitiveness of Virginia's House of Delegates Districts
March 26, 2017
March 16, 2017
March 3, 2017
These are all of the video clips of Alfonso Lopez’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2012. There are 56 video clips in all.
- HB1857: Tuition, in-state; eligibility, certain individuals who have applied for permanent residency, etc.
- HB1858: Small Business and Supplier Diversity, Department of; certification of certain businesses.
- HB1859: Nonfederally managed hazardous sites; DEQ to publish and update annually.
- HB1860: Aboveground storage tanks; State Water Control Board to regulate, civil and criminal penalties.
- HB1861: Product safety; flame retardants, penalty.
- HB1862: Driver's license; suspension for nonpayment of fines or costs.
- HB1863: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families and VIEW; hardship exception.
- HB1864: Firearms; access by children; penalty.
- HB1865: Firearms; transfer, criminal history record check delay.
- HB1866: Issuance of temporary licenses, permits, or special identification cards; requirements.
- HB1867: Virginia Housing Trust Fund; revenue deposits.
- HB1868: Child labor; tobacco farms.
- HB1869: Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act; tenant obligations.
- HB1870: Deleterious substances; discharge into state waters.
- HB2384: Drinking water; lead levels.
- HJ638: Study; Department of Taxation to study unitary combined reporting of corporate income; report.
- HJ639: Study; Office of Drinking Water; Commonwealth's drinking water infrastructure and oversight.
- HJ640: Public Lands Day.
- HJ783: National Speech and Debate Education Day.
- HJ1020: Commending Glen Forest Elementary School.
- HJ1021: Commending Randolph Elementary School.
- HJ1022: Commending Goodwin House.
- HR303: Denouncing the intimidation of the Commonwealth's residents.
- HB971: Small businesses; implementation of certification programs, report.
- HB972: Virginia Housing Trust Fund; revenue deposits.
- HB973: Renewable energy; efficient biomass.
- HB975: Pesticides; aerial application near public or private schools.
- HB976: Environmental boards; special orders, increases penalties for violations.
- HB977: State waters; unlawful discharge of deleterious substance into waters.
- HB979: Firearms; buyers or transferee, criminal history record check delay.
- HB980: Transfer of handguns; permit required, penalties.
- HB981: Concealed handgun permit; eliminates proof of competence.
- HB982: Firearm or pneumatic gun; allowing access by children age four or younger, penalty.
- HB983: Firearms magazines, certain; prohibition of sale, transfer, etc., prohibited, penalty.
- HB984: Health insurance; mandated coverage for autism spectrum disorder.
- HB987: Issuance of licenses, permits, and special identification cards to certain aliens.
- HB988: Minimum wage; determining wages of tipped employees.
- HB989: Child labor; employment of children on tobacco farms.
- HB990: TANF; federal funds not used to supplant nonfederal funds.
- HB991: Virginia Initiative for Employment Not Welfare (VIEW); education and training programs.
- HB992: TANF eligibility; drug-related felonies.
- HB993: Voter registration; preregistration for persons age 16 or older.
- HB994: Attorney General; investigation of complaint of discrimination.
- HJ132: Commending the National Historic Preservation Act.
- HJ134: Constitutional amendment (first resolution); qualifications to vote; restoration of civil rights.
- HJ197: Chagas Disease Awareness Day; designating as April 14, 2016, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ274: Commending Arlington Thrive.
- HJ346: Commending Just Neighbors.
- HJ361: Commending the Virginia members of Team USA at the 2015 Pan American Maccabi Games.
- HJ371: Commending Patrick Henry Elementary School.
- HJ432: Commending the Shirlington Employment and Education Center.
- HJ447: Commending the Columbia Pike Revitalization Organization.
- HJ493: Commending Dr. Emma Violand-Sanchez.
- HB1900: Virginia Housing Trust Fund; revenue deposits.
- HB1901: Small Business and Supplier Diversity, Department of; clarifies definition of small business.
- HB1902: Stalking; early termination of rental agreements, penalty.
- HB1903: State Air Pollution Control Board; membership.
- HB1904: Firearms; penalty when accessible by children.
- HB1905: Landlord and tenant law; retaliatory conduct by landlord.
- HB1906: Children; employment on tobacco farms prohibited, exception.
- HB1907: Electoral boards; required reporting to Department of Elections.
- HB1908: Alcoholic beverage control; adds powdered or crystalline alcohol, penalty.
- HB1909: Firearms magazines, certain; prohibition of sale, transfer, etc., penalty.
- HB1910: Virginia Fair Housing Law; discrimination against veterans receiving financial assistance.
- HB1911: Electric utilities; net energy metering, standby charges.
- HB1912: Electric utilities; net energy metering.
- HB1913: Electric utilities; renewable energy resources and energy efficiency goals.
- HB1925: Renewable energy; third party power purchase agreements.
- HJ616: Constitutional amendment; qualifications to vote, restoration of civil rights.
- HJ709: Law Day 2015; commending.
- HJ809: Commending Patrick Henry Elementary School.
- HJ810: Commending Hoffman-Boston Elementary School.
- HJ880: Commending the Potomac and Chesapeake Association for College Admission Counseling.
- HJ889: Celebrating the life of Sara Jean Dobie Collins.
- HJ890: Commending Drew Model Elementary School.
- HJ910: Commending Northern Virginia Community College.
- HJ912: Commending Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church.
- HB88: Tuition, in-state; student eligibility, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.
- HB796: Virginia Energy Plan; postpones due date for quadrennial updates.
- HB797: Small Business and Supplier Diversity, Department of; changes definition of small business.
- HB798: Unemployment compensation; Self-Employment Assistance Pilot Program established, report.
- HB800: Absentee voting; allows qualified voters to vote absentee in person without an excuse.
- HB802: Absentee voting; persons age 65 or older on day of an election are entitled to vote absentee ballot.
- HB804: Notaries; prohibitions on advertising, notice requirement.
- HB805: Lineups; model policy established by Department of Criminal Justice Services.
- HB806: Tree replacement; VDOT shall adhere to locality's policy.
- HB807: License plates, special; issuance for members and supporters of America Foreign Service Association.
- HB808: Electrical utility facilities; consideration of stability of fuel prices.
- HB809: Firearms; prohibition of sale, transfer, etc., of certain magazines, fine.
- HB811: Driver of motor vehicle following too closely; includes non-motor vehicles.
- HB812: Firearms; criminal history record information checks for sales, penalty.
- HB815: Fair Housing Law; unlawful discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- HB816: Virginia Fair Housing Law; unlawful discriminatory housing practices.
- HB818: Energy and Environment, Virginia Commission on; established, report.
- HB819: Electric vehicles; reduces minimum height of lettering required on vehicles.
- HB820: Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act; retaliation by landlord, rebuttable presumption.
- HB821: Workers' compensation; correctional officers, presumption of compensability for certain diseases.
- HB822: Electric utility regulation; renewable energy portfolio standard program.
- HB823: Firearms; transfer at gun shows, voluntary background check.
- HB1132: Virginia Housing Trust Fund; two percent of any surplus in general fund to be deposited into Fund.
- HJ97: Constitutional amendment; restoration of civil rights to persons convicted of nonviolent felonies.
- HJ274: Commending Queen of Peace Arlington Federal Credit Union.
- HJ329: Commending Arlington Free Clinic.
- HJ399: Commending the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality.
- HJ406: Commending the American Foreign Service Association.
- HJ484: Commending the Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center.
- HJ5015: Commending The Reading Connection.
- HJ5016: Commending Little League International.
- HJ5063: Commending Gracelia Joy R. Helring.
- HJ5207: Commending the Neighborhood Conservation Program.
- HB781: Minority Business Enterprises, Department of; changes definition of small business.
- HB787: Retail Sales & Use Tax; eligibility of tax refund on purchase of certain renewable energy equipment.
- HB1934: Tuition, in-state; undocumented persons to meet certain criteria.
- HB1935: Self-Employment Assistance Program; established.
- HB1936: Minority Business Enterprises, Department of; changes definition of small business.
- HB1937: Early voting; any registered voter qualified to vote in election may vote in person.
- HB1938: Absentee voting; persons age 65 and older on day of an election are entitled to vote absentee.
- HB1943: Electrical utility facilities; consideration of stability of fuel prices.
- HB1944: Electric vehicles, converted; fees for inspection.
- HB1946: Renewable energy; amends existing portfolio standard program.
- HB1950: Following too closely; driver of a vehicle shall not get closer than is reasonable, etc.
- HB2005: Virginia Housing Partnership Revolving Fund; renamed Virginia Housing Trust Fund, report.
- HB2158: Officers of election; officers may be assigned to work in multiple precincts on election day.
- HB2159: Tuition, in-state; eligibility of student, approval for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.
- HB2251: Firearms; prohibition of sale, transfer, etc., of certain magazines, penalties.
- HB2252: Virginia Children's Mental Health Commission; established, report.
- HJ672: Constitutional amendment; restoration of civil rights (first reference).
- HJ777: Commending Keep Virginia Beautiful.
- HJ880: Commending Green Valley Pharmacy.
- HJ881: Commending Walter Tejada.
- HJ882: Commending Wakefield High School.
- HJ883: Commending Dr. Emma Violand-Sanchez.
- HJ936: Commending Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment.
- HB779: In-state tuition; undocumented persons eligibility.
- HB780: Converted electric vehicles; creates definition for vehicles converted from gas to electric power.
- HB781: Minority Business Enterprises, Department of; changes definition of small business, etc.
- HB782: Family Access to Medical Insurance Security Plan; coverage for certain children and pregnant women.
- HB783: Microenterprise investment tax credits; created for individuals who make qualified investment.
- HB784: Exercise due care; requires drivers to avoid colliding with pedestrian.
- HB785: Following too closely; includes bicycles, electric personal assistive mobility devices, mopeds, etc.
- HB786: Elections; absentee voting.
- HB787: Retail Sales and Use Tax; exemption on renewable energy equipment.
- HB788: Green Public Buildings Act; created.
- HB789: Electrical utility facilities; consideration of stability of fuel prices.
- HB790: Virginia Housing Partnership Revolving Fund; renamed Virginia Housing Trust Fund.
- HR48: Commending Randolph Elementary School.
- HR49: Commending Edna Frady.
- HR50: Commemorating the 130th anniversary of the birth of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt.