Delegate Barry Knight (R-Virginia Beach)
- 81: Cities of Chesapeake (part) and Virginia Beach (part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2009
- Next Election
- November 2015
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources, Appropriations, General Laws, Rules
- Copatroning Habits
- 78% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 88% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 66% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 47.6% in 2014
- Campaign Contributions
- $109,199.49 cash on hand (May 2013 report)
The owner and operator of Barry D. Knight Farms (a hog farm), Knight, his wife, and three children live in Pungo. Knight won his seat in a special election following the resignation of Del. Terrie Suit.
|O'Bannon for House||House of Delegates Campaign||N/A||$0|
April 15, 2015
Virginia Gazette: Norment leads the home (legislative) team in batting average
April 10, 2015
The Virginian-Pilot: A better way to pick judges in Virginia
March 25, 2015
The Virginian-Pilot: Green Party candidate to challenge Beach Del. Knight
February 12, 2015
Daily Press: House, Senate churn through bills, negotiations
February 25, 2015
These are all of the video clips of Barry Knight’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2010. There are 59 video clips in all.
- HB1794: Foreclosure sale by trustee in execution of deed of trust; advertisement of time-share properties.
- HB1795: Virginia Real Estate Board; exemptions from licensure.
- HB1796: Alcoholic beverage control; operation of government store by distiller licensee.
- HB1797: Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity; definition of small business.
- HB1798: Fiduciary; qualification without security, issuance of certificates of qualification.
- HB1804: Onsite sewage systems; validity of certain septic tank permits.
- HB2072: Forest products; establishes overweight permit for hauling.
- HB2119: Alcoholic beverage control; improvement of customer service.
- HB2224: Virginia Racing Commission; authorized to issue significant infrastructure limited license, etc.
- HB2239: Driver's licensees; administration of driving test to those believed incompetent.
- HB2248: Virginia Public Procurement Act; purchase of owner-controlled insurance for construction project.
- HJ603: Higher educational institutions; prevention of sexual violence on campus.
- HJ729: Commending the Hampton Roads Sanitation District.
- HJ826: Commending the City of Virginia Beach Department of Agriculture.
- HJ852: Commending Robin Douglas Davenport.
- HR195: Commending the Ocean Lakes High School football team.
- HB184: Auctioneers; exemption from licensure.
- HB185: Municipal deed; restrictions on certain property in Virginia Beach.
- HB186: Seized drugs and paraphernalia; forfeiture to law enforcement.
- HB187: Real and personal property tax exemption; aviation museum.
- HB188: Jury commissioners; appointment and selection of jurors.
- HB189: License plates, special; issuance for supporters of Surfrider Foundation.
- HB487: Fiduciaries; letters of administration, bond without surety.
- HB907: Accountancy, Board of; licensing requirements.
- HB909: Channel bass (red drum); repeals an obsolete section restricting taking of bass.
- HB911: Living shorelines projects; issuance of general permits.
- HB1051: Constitutional officers; if proposed budget reduces funding of such officer, 14 day written notice.
- HB1141: Alcoholic beverage control; creates annual arts venue event license.
- HB1267: Va.Beach arena; if Va. Beach issues bonds for a facility, it shall create an Arena Financing Fund.
- HJ65: Commending Kempsville Baptist Church.
- HJ202: Commending Lakeside Construction Corporation.
- HJ438: Commending Nick Boothe.
- HJ5005: Celebrating the life of Jack W. Peoples, Sr.
- HJ5012: Celebrating the life of Marvin Lee Dozier.
- HJ5215: Commending Swan Island Club.
- HR564: Commending Major General Daniel E. Long, Jr.
- HR580: Commending Swan Island Club.
- HB1547: Cemeteries; minimum tree canopy during development process shall be 10 percent.
- HB1548: Municipal separate storm sewer (MS4) permittees; guidance documents.
- HB1629: Eel pots; authorizes Board of Game & Inland Fisheries to issue an annual permit to use in Back Bay.
- HB1641: Professional and Occupational Regulation, Department of; powers and duties of regulatory boards.
- HB1755: Charter; Town of Bedford.
- HB1756: Bedford, City of, reversion; taxation of real property that becomes part of Bedford County.
- HB1853: Planning, zoning, etc., procedures; local commission shall consult with installation commander.
- HB1855: Virginia Freedom of Information Act; exempts records of Department of Aviation.
- HB2069: Seedlings; State Forester to furnish those grown in nurseries to State without expense, etc.
- HB2209: Virginia Soil and Water Conservation Board; powers and duties.
- HB2265: Cash proffers; locality may waive certain written notice requirements to reduce outstanding payment.
- HB2308: Local correctional facilities; electronic visitation and messaging with prisoners.
- HJ596: Celebrating the life of William Lyle Pugh, Sr.
- HB87: Aircraft; person who projects point of light from laser at an aircraft is guilty of misdemeanor.
- HB88: Menhaden harvest; removes cap.
- HB174: Bail bondsmen; requirements for property bail bondsmen, suspension of license.
- HB175: Duck blinds; limits placement by riparian landowners in Back Bay.
- HB176: Nutrient credit certification; regulations, Nutrient Trading Act is established, penalty.
- HB238: Blue crabs; Marine Resources Commission to manage harvesting in Albemarle and Currituck counties.
- HB239: Forestry, Department of; use of methyl bromide gas fumigation.
- HB553: Airports, privately owned; duty of care and liability of landowners.
- HB554: Political subdivisions; Department of Aviation lease approval requirement.
- HB1252: Construction of structures affecting navigable airspace; technical review.
- HB1253: Cash proffers; prohibits locality from accepting those purporting to contain waiver of legal rights.
- HJ10: Commending the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center.
- HJ11: Commending Oak Grove Baptist Church on the occasion of its 250th anniversary.
- HJ232: Celebrating the life of F. Wayne McLeskey, Jr.
- HJ434: Celebrating the life of Bishop Barnett Karl Thoroughgood.
- HJ441: Commending Edward F. Lewis.
- HJ505: Celebrating the life of J. Curtis Fruit.
- HB1456: Certificate of public need; authorization of certain amendment.
- HB1620: Virginia National Defense Industrial Authority; increases membership.
- HB1621: Open-space land; expands definition.
- HB1622: Reckless operation of watercraft; includes paddleboards and other self-propelled watercraft.
- HB1623: Wetlands; requirement of individual or general Virginia Water Protection Permit.
- HB1624: Environmental Quality, Department of; powers of Executive Director.
- HB1625: Fumigation facilities; exempted from various state and federal regulations.
- HB1626: Onsite sewage systems; voluntary upgrades.
- HB1723: Virginia Marine Resources Commission; permits for encroachment on subaqueous beds.
- HB1724: Crab dredging season; Virginia Marine Resources Commission to adjust opening or closing dates.
- HB1725: Virginia Farmland Preservation Fund; created.
- HB2369: Menhaden; cap on harvesting will be reduced 20 percent annually.
- HB2370: Multiple-year licenses; Board of Game & Inland Fisheries to issue for hunting, fishing, etc.
- HJ510: Sovereign immunity; JLARC to study costs incurred by localities resulting from claims, etc.
- HJ518: Celebrating the life of Private First Class Alvaro R. Regaledo-Sessarego.
- HJ571: Celebrating the life of Owen Bradford Pickett.
- HJ739: Celebrating the life of John Alison Baum.
- HJ906: Commending the Military Aviation Museum.
- HB81: Jurors; equalizes pay of those in condemnation cases with that of regular jurors.
- HB82: Public sewer system; locality may adopt ordinance establishing standard for use & services; penalty.
- HB83: Pawnbrokers; local government may by an ordinance require daily report to be electronically filed.
- HB381: Motor vehicle titles; exempts special construction and forestry equipment from being titled.
- HB975: Motor vehicle titles; exempts special construction and forestry equipment from being titled.
- HB1249: Health Spa Act; clarifies by instituting usage of term facility where services are offered.
- HB1250: Vested rights; issuance of written order, etc., by zoning administrator regarding use of property.
- HJ274: Commending Creeds Elementary School on the occasion of its 70th anniversary.
- HJ320: Commending Helen Dragas.
- HJ415: Celebrating the life of E. George Middleton, Jr.
- HJ428: Commending Jack E. Harcourt.
- HJ471: Commending Kevin Michaels.
- HB1901: Cavalier Wildlife Management Area; Board of Game & Inland Fisheries to convey certain property.
- HB2224: Braille; certification of instructors.
- HB2565: Farmland Preservation, Office of; to provide technical assistance to local governments interested.
- HB2566: Purchase of land by Department of Forestry; used for nonstate forest purposes.
- HB2584: Spirits delivery permit; authorizes permittee to purchase spirit from Board and deliver to business.
- HB2586: Sandbridge Beach Subdivision; Board to determine which structures, etc., are in imminent danger.
- HB2599: Real Estate Cooperative Act; amendment of declaration, revival of expired declarant rights.
- HJ918: Commending Reba S. McClanan.
- HJ988: Commending Macon F. Brock.