Delegate Matt Fariss (R-Rustburg)
- 59: Counties of Albemarle (part), Appomattox, Buckingham, Campbell (part), and Nelson (part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2012
- Next Election
- November 2017
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources, Finance, Militia, Police and Public Safety
- Copatroning Habits
- 78% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 91% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 69% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 21.7% in 2017
- Campaign Contributions
- cash on hand (December 1969 report)
The Daily Progress: Republicans largely exceeding opponents in fundraising for House of Delegates races
October 17, 2017
Lynchburg News and Advance: 59th District candidates weigh in on possible solutions to increasing rural broadband access
October 14, 2017
February 3, 2017
Lynchburg News and Advance: Fariss leads in fundraising in Virginia 59th House District race
July 28, 2017
Lynchburg News and Advance: Del. Fariss charged with hit-and-run; July incident damaged shrubbery, fencing
January 21, 2016
These are all of the video clips of Matt Fariss’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2012. There are 35 video clips in all.
- HB1358: Gas emissions; control systems for certain landfills.
- HB1599: Suspension of driver's license for unpaid fines, etc.; written offer of employment.
- HB1600: Landfills; DEQ, et al., to work towards odor reduction in Campbell County.
- HB1601: Electors for President and Vice President; allocation of electoral votes by congressional district.
- HB1602: Invasion of privacy; civil action, damages, attorney fees and costs.
- HB1792: Firearms; felon sharing residence with person who legally possesses.
- HB1793: Burn ban; exception for frost or freeze protection of orchard or vineyard.
- HB2239: Farm use vehicles, certain; registration exemption, highway distance limitations.
- HB2325: Concealed handgun permit; application for permit requires photo identification.
- HB2381: Dangerous dogs; clarifies definition, etc.
- HB2440: Appomattox, Town of; amending charter, shifts municipal elections from May to November, etc.
- HB2441: Tow truck drivers; registration.
- HB2472: Alcoholic beverage control; spirits tastings by distiller licensee.
- HR289: Commending the Appomattox County High School football team.
- HR290: Commending the Rustburg Dixie Youth Baseball O-Zone All-Star team.
- HR322: Commending the Appomattox Dixie Youth Baseball boys' all-star team.
- HR323: Commending the Rustburg High School baseball team.
- HR339: Commending Doug Smith.
- HR382: Commending the Appomattox Dixie Youth Machine Pitch All-Stars baseball team.
- HR405: Celebrating the life of Margaret Elizabeth Bailey Rackley.
- HR408: Commending first responders to the Appomattox County tornado.
- HR471: Commending the Rustburg Dixie Youth AAA All-Stars baseball team.
- HR472: Commending the Appomattox Dixie Youth Angels softball team.