Delegate Matt Fariss (R-Rustburg)
- 59: Counties of Albemarle (part), Appomattox, Buckingham, Campbell (part), and Nelson (part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2012
- Next Election
- November 2017
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources, Finance, Militia, Police and Public Safety
- Copatroning Habits
- 78% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 91% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 69% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 25% in 2016
- Campaign Contributions
- cash on hand (December 1969 report)
November 17, 2017
Lynchburg News and Advance: Fariss reelected in House of Delegates' 59th District
November 8, 2017
Lynchburg News and Advance: Checking Up ... An AWOL Delegate and a Stats Doc
November 4, 2017
Lynchburg News and Advance: Challengers seeking to unseat Fariss in 59th District spar in Appomattox forum
October 31, 2017
The Daily Progress: Area's incumbent delegates victorious
November 7, 2017
These are all of the video clips of Matt Fariss’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2012. There are 35 video clips in all.
- HB1358: Gas emissions; control systems for certain landfills.
- HB1599: Suspension of driver's license for unpaid fines, etc.; written offer of employment.
- HB1600: Landfills; DEQ, et al., to work towards odor reduction in Campbell County.
- HB1601: Electors for President and Vice President; allocation of electoral votes by congressional district.
- HB1602: Invasion of privacy; civil action, damages, attorney fees and costs.
- HB1792: Firearms; felon sharing residence with person who legally possesses.
- HB1793: Burn ban; exception for frost or freeze protection of orchard or vineyard.
- HB2239: Farm use vehicles, certain; registration exemption, highway distance limitations.
- HB2325: Concealed handgun permit; application for permit requires photo identification.
- HB2381: Dangerous dogs; clarifies definition, etc.
- HB2440: Appomattox, Town of; amending charter, shifts municipal elections from May to November, etc.
- HB2441: Tow truck drivers; registration.
- HB2472: Alcoholic beverage control; spirits tastings by distiller licensee.
- HR289: Commending the Appomattox County High School football team.
- HR290: Commending the Rustburg Dixie Youth Baseball O-Zone All-Star team.
- HR322: Commending the Appomattox Dixie Youth Baseball boys' all-star team.
- HR323: Commending the Rustburg High School baseball team.
- HR339: Commending Doug Smith.
- HR382: Commending the Appomattox Dixie Youth Machine Pitch All-Stars baseball team.
- HR405: Celebrating the life of Margaret Elizabeth Bailey Rackley.
- HR408: Commending first responders to the Appomattox County tornado.
- HR471: Commending the Rustburg Dixie Youth AAA All-Stars baseball team.
- HR472: Commending the Appomattox Dixie Youth Angels softball team.
- HB476: Animal intake policy; animal control officers, etc., shall annually file with State Veterinarian.
- HB1141: Invasion of privacy; civil action; damages; attorney fees and costs.
- HB1142: Slingshot; hunting of wild birds and wild animals, except deer, etc., unless shooting is prohibited.
- HB1274: Judicial officers; recording of citizen complaints.