Senator David Suetterlein (R-Salem)
- 19: Floyd County (All), Salem City (All), Bedford County (Part), Carroll County (Part), Franklin County (Part), Montgomery County (Part), Roanoke County (Part), Wythe County (Part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2016
- Next Election
- November 2019
- Agriculture, Conservation and Natural Resources, Education and Health, Higher Education, Health Licensing, Special Public Smoking Legislation
- Copatroning Habits
- 74% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 91% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 68% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 20% in 2017
November 21, 2017
February 13, 2017
Roanoke Times: Roanoke Valley legislators skeptical of GO Virginia
March 21, 2017
Daily Press: Was that vote a tie or a bait-and-switch?Daily Press
February 24, 2017
March 9, 2017
These are all of the video clips of David Suetterlein’s remarks on the floor of the Senate since 2016. There are 7 video clips in all.
- SB1409: Reckless driving; raises threshold for speeding.
- SB1410: Congressional and state legislative districts; compactness standard.
- SB1411: Statewide Fire Prevention Code; authorizes use of consumer fireworks, penalties.
- SB1412: Adoption; leave benefit.
- SB1583: Teacher licensure; career and technical education, certain local waivers.
- SB1584: High school graduation; verified credit, locally selected, recognized academic assessments.
- SB1585: Form of ballot; party identification of candidates.
- SB1586: Libraries, local and regional; boards not mandatory.
- SJ435: Celebrating the life of Alfred C. Anderson.
- SJ436: Celebrating the life of James David Seneff.
- SJ437: Commending the Salem High School football team.
- SJ438: Commending the Carroll County High School varsity softball team.
- SJ439: Commending the Hidden Valley High School volleyball team.
- SJ440: Commending the Hidden Valley High School boys' tennis team.
- SJ441: Commending Cave Spring High School.
- SB588: Constitutional amendment (voter referendum); charter schools.
- SB764: Concealed handgun; recognition of out-of-state permits.
- SB765: Highways, Commissioner of; powers, emergency removal of snow and ice.
- SB766: Method of nominating party candidates; incumbent selection.
- SB767: Form of ballot; party identification of candidates.
- SB768: Reckless driving; exceeding speed limit.
- SB769: Bedford; references to the former city of Bedford.
- SB770: Congressional and state legislative districts; compactness standard.
- SJ93: Constitutional amendment; charter schools.
- SJ121: Charter schools, public; requirements of school.
- SJ211: Celebrating the life of David George Helmer.
- SJ212: Celebrating the life of Frances Vaughan Garland.
- SR76: Commending the Salem High School football team.
- SR77: Commending Walter S. Crockett.
- SR86: Commending Smith Mountain Lake.