Senator David Suetterlein (R-Salem)
- 19: Floyd County (All), Salem City (All), Bedford County (Part), Carroll County (Part), Franklin County (Part), Montgomery County (Part), Roanoke County (Part), Wythe County (Part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2016
- Next Election
- November 2019
- Agriculture, Conservation and Natural Resources, Education and Health, Higher Education, Health Licensing, Special Public Smoking Legislation
- Copatroning Habits
- 74% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 91% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 68% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 6.7% in 2016
February 13, 2017
Daily Press: Was that vote a tie or a bait-and-switch?
February 24, 2017
February 22, 2017
Roanoke Times: Roanoke Valley legislators skeptical of GO Virginia
March 21, 2017
March 9, 2017
These are all of the video clips of David Suetterlein’s remarks on the floor of the Senate since 2016. There are 7 video clips in all.
- SB1409: Reckless driving; raises threshold for speeding.
- SB1410: Congressional and state legislative districts; compactness standard.
- SB1411: Statewide Fire Prevention Code; authorizes use of consumer fireworks, penalties.
- SB1412: Adoption; leave benefit.
- SB1583: Teacher licensure; career and technical education, certain local waivers.
- SB1584: High school graduation; verified credit, locally selected, recognized academic assessments.
- SB1585: Form of ballot; party identification of candidates.
- SB1586: Libraries, local and regional; boards not mandatory.
- SJ435: Celebrating the life of Alfred C. Anderson.
- SJ436: Celebrating the life of James David Seneff.
- SJ437: Commending the Salem High School football team.
- SJ438: Commending the Carroll County High School varsity softball team.
- SJ439: Commending the Hidden Valley High School volleyball team.
- SJ440: Commending the Hidden Valley High School boys' tennis team.
- SJ441: Commending Cave Spring High School.
- SB588: Constitutional amendment (voter referendum); charter schools.
- SB764: Concealed handgun; recognition of out-of-state permits.
- SB765: Highways, Commissioner of; powers, emergency removal of snow and ice.
- SB766: Method of nominating party candidates; incumbent selection.
- SB767: Form of ballot; party identification of candidates.
- SB768: Reckless driving; exceeding speed limit.
- SB769: Bedford; references to the former city of Bedford.
- SB770: Congressional and state legislative districts; compactness standard.
- SJ93: Constitutional amendment; charter schools.
- SJ121: Charter schools, public; requirements of school.
- SJ211: Celebrating the life of David George Helmer.
- SJ212: Celebrating the life of Frances Vaughan Garland.
- SR76: Commending the Salem High School football team.
- SR77: Commending Walter S. Crockett.
- SR86: Commending Smith Mountain Lake.