Sen. David Suetterlein (R-Salem)
- 19: Floyd County (All), Salem City (All), Bedford County (Part), Carroll County (Part), Franklin County (Part), Montgomery County (Part), Roanoke County (Part), Wythe County (Part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2016
- Next Election
- November 2019
- Agriculture, Conservation and Natural Resources, Education and Health, General Laws and Technology, Transportation
- Copatroning Habits
- 73% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 78% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 62% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 20% in 2017
February 10, 2018
February 2, 2018
February 20, 2018
February 21, 2018
January 26, 2018
These are all of the video clips of David Suetterlein’s remarks on the floor of the Senate since 2016. There are 7 video clips in all.
- SB103: Teacher licensure; reciprocity, spouses of Armed Forces members.
- SB104: Reckless driving; raises threshold for speeding.
- SB105: Grand larceny; increases threshold amount.
- SB106: Congressional and state legislative districts; compactness standard.
- SB107: Dual enrollment courses; quality standards, universal transfer course credit.
- SB257: Teachers; extension of three-year provisional licenses.
- SB261: Standards of Quality; staffing requirements, librarians and clerical personnel.
- SB262: Adoption; leave benefit.
- SB263: Form of ballot; party identification of candidates.
- SB264: Campaign Finance Disclosure Act of 2006; electronic filing for local and constitutional office.
- SB266: Certificate of public need; establishment of certain surgery centers, etc.
- SB511: Optometry; scope of practice.
- SB512: Virginia Freedom of Information Act; student telephone numbers and personal email addresses.
- SB513: Enhanced Public Safety Telephone Services Act; implementation of 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) services.
- SB514: Real Estate Board; powers and duties, escrow funds.
- SB515: License plates, special; Virginia Realtors.
- SB778: Statewide Fire Prevention Code; authorizes use of consumer fireworks, penalties.
- SB837: Electric utilities; retail competition.
- SB960: High School to Work Partnerships; establishment, exemptions.
- SB1409: Reckless driving; raises threshold for speeding.
- SB1410: Congressional and state legislative districts; compactness standard.
- SB1411: Statewide Fire Prevention Code; authorizes use of consumer fireworks, penalties.
- SB1412: Adoption; leave benefit.
- SB1583: Teacher licensure; career and technical education, certain local waivers.
- SB1584: High school graduation; verified credit, locally selected, recognized academic assessments.
- SB1585: Form of ballot; party identification of candidates.
- SB1586: Libraries, local and regional; boards not mandatory.
- SJ435: Celebrating the life of Alfred C. Anderson.
- SJ436: Celebrating the life of James David Seneff.
- SJ437: Commending the Salem High School football team.
- SJ438: Commending the Carroll County High School varsity softball team.
- SJ439: Commending the Hidden Valley High School volleyball team.
- SJ440: Commending the Hidden Valley High School boys' tennis team.
- SJ441: Commending Cave Spring High School.
- SB588: Constitutional amendment (voter referendum); charter schools.
- SB764: Concealed handgun; recognition of out-of-state permits.
- SB765: Highways, Commissioner of; powers, emergency removal of snow and ice.
- SB766: Method of nominating party candidates; incumbent selection.
- SB767: Form of ballot; party identification of candidates.
- SB768: Reckless driving; exceeding speed limit.
- SB769: Bedford; references to the former city of Bedford.
- SB770: Congressional and state legislative districts; compactness standard.
- SJ93: Constitutional amendment; charter schools.
- SJ121: Charter schools, public; requirements of school.
- SJ211: Celebrating the life of David George Helmer.
- SJ212: Celebrating the life of Frances Vaughan Garland.
- SR76: Commending the Salem High School football team.
- SR77: Commending Walter S. Crockett.
- SR86: Commending Smith Mountain Lake.