Delegate Daun Hester (D-Norfolk)
- 89: City of Norfolk (part) [map]
- Took Office
- December 2012
- Next Election
- November 2017
- Appropriations, Education, General Laws
- Copatroning Habits
- 63% of bills she copatroned were introduced by Democrats. Of all of the copatrons of her bills, 56% of them are Democrats. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that she also copatroned, 54% of them are Democrats.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 10% in 2016
- Campaign Contributions
- cash on hand (December 1969 report)
Del. Hester is an educator who holds degrees from Virginia State University and George Washington University. She was a long-time member of the Norfolk City Council. Hester is married, and has two sons.
Virginian-Pilot: Del. Daun Hester to run for Norfolk treasurer
December 30, 2016
March 21, 2017
Thenewjournalandguide: Norfolk Treasurer's Seat Is Eyed By Locals To Replace Burfoot
January 5, 2017
Virginian-Pilot: Democrats' rules mean you probably won't get to pick Norfolk's next treasurer or sheriff
February 27, 2017
Virginian-Pilot: From state delegate to city attorney, letters of support pour in for Norfolk Treasurer Anthony Burfoot
April 11, 2017
These are all of the video clips of Daun Hester’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2013. There are 10 video clips in all.
- HB1161: Correctional Officer Procedural Guarantee Act; created.
- HB1848: Comprehensive community colleges; tuition grants and fees for certain individuals.
- HB2278: Cooperative Marketing Fund; programs eligible for matching grant funds.
- HB2279: Child-protective services; complaints involving members of the United States Armed Forces.
- HJ995: Commending the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- HJ996: Commending Boy Scouts of America Troop 24 of Norfolk.
- HR350: Celebrating the life of Thomas Edward Graves, Jr.
- HR432: Celebrating the life of Virginia Drew Randolph.
- HB1161: Correctional Officer Procedural Guarantee Act.
- HB1189: Child welfare agency; operating without a license, abuse and neglect of child, penalty.
- HB1253: Norfolk, City of; repeals obsolete provisions for appointment of members to school board.
- HB1381: License plates, special; issuance for supporters of curing ovarian cancer.
- HJ158: Celebrating the life of the Honorable Thomas W. Moss, Jr.
- HR94: Commending the Civil Air Patrol Virginia Wing.
- HR95: Commending the United States Colored Troops Descendants.
- HR97: Celebrating the life of Eleanor Jane Friel.
- HR201: Celebrating the life of Chief Petty Officer Louge Gunn, USN, Ret.
- HR228: Commending Lonnie Blow, Jr.
- HB2102: Higher educational institutions; sexual misconduct policies.
- HB2149: School board, local; professional development for members appointed to schools denied accreditation.
- HB2169: Education, Board of; annual report on the condition & needs of public education in the Commonwealth.
- HB2363: School boards; initial election of members in City of Norfolk.
- HB2364: Correctional Officer Procedural Guarantee Act; created.
- HJ638: Kinship Caregivers of Children Month; designating as September 2015, and each succeeding year.
- HJ799: Celebrating the life of Patricia Godbolt White.
- HR264: Celebrating the life of Frances Elizabeth Simpson Winstead.
- HR277: Celebrating the life of Constance Violet Glenn Allen.
- HB1107: Alcoholic beverage control; gourmet brewing shop license, tasting privilege.
- HB1108: Motor vehicle sales and use tax; exemptions.
- HB1210: Community improvement districts; any locality may by ordinance create.
- HJ327: Celebrating the life of Ellen Virginia Pryor Harvey.
- HJ328: Celebrating the life of Letitia ReneRose Batey.
- HJ370: Commending Minister Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir.
- HJ397: Commending the Honorable Charles E. Poston.
- HJ5108: Celebrating the life of Milton Lecounte Jacocks, Sr.
- HR174: Celebrating the life of Dana Jay Gant.
- HR175: Commending the Rotary Club of Norfolk.
- HR522: Commending the Kiwanis Club of Norfolk.