Del. Daun Hester (D-Norfolk)
- 89: City of Norfolk (part) [map]
- Took Office
- December 2012
- Left Office
- January 2017
- Copatroning Habits
- 63% of bills she copatroned were introduced by Democrats. Of all of the copatrons of her bills, 56% of them are Democrats. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that she also copatroned, 54% of them are Democrats.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 37.5% in 2017
- Campaign Contributions
- cash on hand (December 1969 report)
Del. Hester is an educator who holds degrees from Virginia State University and George Washington University. She was a long-time member of the Norfolk City Council. Hester is married, and has two sons.
A new Daun! From poll tax to tax collector: Norfolk's first female black treasurer speaks to News 3:
February 26, 2018
These are all of the video clips of Daun Hester’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2013. There are 10 video clips in all.
- HB1161: Correctional Officer Procedural Guarantee Act; created.
- HB1848: Comprehensive community colleges; tuition grants and fees for certain individuals.
- HB2278: Cooperative Marketing Fund; programs eligible for matching grant funds.
- HB2279: Child-protective services; complaints involving members of the United States Armed Forces.
- HJ995: Commending the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- HJ996: Commending Boy Scouts of America Troop 24 of Norfolk.
- HR350: Celebrating the life of Thomas Edward Graves, Jr.
- HR432: Celebrating the life of Virginia Drew Randolph.
- HB1161: Correctional Officer Procedural Guarantee Act.
- HB1189: Child welfare agency; operating without a license, abuse and neglect of child, penalty.
- HB1253: Norfolk, City of; repeals obsolete provisions for appointment of members to school board.
- HB1381: License plates, special; issuance for supporters of curing ovarian cancer.
- HJ158: Celebrating the life of the Honorable Thomas W. Moss, Jr.
- HR94: Commending the Civil Air Patrol Virginia Wing.
- HR95: Commending the United States Colored Troops Descendants.
- HR97: Celebrating the life of Eleanor Jane Friel.
- HR201: Celebrating the life of Chief Petty Officer Louge Gunn, USN, Ret.
- HR228: Commending Lonnie Blow, Jr.
- HB2102: Higher educational institutions; sexual misconduct policies.
- HB2149: School board, local; professional development for members appointed to schools denied accreditation.
- HB2169: Education, Board of; annual report on the condition & needs of public education in the Commonwealth.
- HB2363: School boards; initial election of members in City of Norfolk.
- HB2364: Correctional Officer Procedural Guarantee Act; created.
- HJ638: Kinship Caregivers of Children Month; designating as September 2015, and each succeeding year.
- HJ799: Celebrating the life of Patricia Godbolt White.
- HR264: Celebrating the life of Frances Elizabeth Simpson Winstead.
- HR277: Celebrating the life of Constance Violet Glenn Allen.
- HB1107: Alcoholic beverage control; gourmet brewing shop license, tasting privilege.
- HB1108: Motor vehicle sales and use tax; exemptions.
- HB1210: Community improvement districts; any locality may by ordinance create.
- HJ327: Celebrating the life of Ellen Virginia Pryor Harvey.
- HJ328: Celebrating the life of Letitia ReneRose Batey.
- HJ370: Commending Minister Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir.
- HJ397: Commending the Honorable Charles E. Poston.
- HJ5108: Celebrating the life of Milton Lecounte Jacocks, Sr.
- HR174: Celebrating the life of Dana Jay Gant.
- HR175: Commending the Rotary Club of Norfolk.
- HR522: Commending the Kiwanis Club of Norfolk.