Delegate Israel O'Quinn (R-Bristol)
- 5: Counties of Grayson, Smyth (part), and Washington (part); Cities of Bristol and Galax [map]
- Took Office
- January 2012
- Next Election
- November 2017
- Commerce and Labor, Militia, Police and Public Safety, Privileges and Elections
- Copatroning Habits
- 86% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 73% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 72% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 9.5% in 2016
- Campaign Contributions
- cash on hand (December 1969 report)
Suffolk News-Herald: 'Left-lane bandits' may face $250 fine
February 2, 2017
The Daily Progress: Opinion/Commentary: Let's get the truth about state educational funding
February 5, 2017
January 31, 2017
January 31, 2017
Fredericksburg.com: Editorial: Punish Virginia's left-lane laggards
February 10, 2017
These are all of the video clips of Israel O'Quinn’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2012. There are 18 video clips in all.
- HB1972: Closure of the Southwestern Virginia Training Center and the Southeastern Virginia Training Center.
- HB1973: Economic Development Access Program; bonded projects.
- HB1974: Clean Power Plan; state implementation plan; General Assembly approval.
- HB2200: Coal Surface Mining Reclamation Fund; assessment of reclamation tax revenues.
- HB2201: Failure to drive on right side of highways or observe traffic lanes; increases penalties.
- HB2429: Firearms; purchase, possession, or transportation.
- HJ656: Spirit of '45 Day.
- HJ657: Commending the Oak Hill Academy boys' basketball team.
- HJ658: Commending Intermont Equestrian Emory & Henry College.
- HJ659: Commending the Grayson County Old-Time and Bluegrass Fiddlers' Convention.
- HJ667: Celebrating the life of Eleanor Talbert Williams.
- HJ668: Celebrating the life of Jennifer Ophelia Brewer Rooney.
- HJ669: Celebrating the life of Phyllis Anderson Blevins.
- HJ670: Celebrating the life of Don Flanery May.
- HJ725: Commending Justin Scott Grimm.
- HJ936: Commending Judy A. Brannock.
- HJ937: Commending Sarah Grim Scyphers.
- HJ938: Celebrating the life of Ralph McKinley Dillow, Jr.
- HJ943: Celebrating the life of Ashleigh Nicole Langbein.
- HJ1048: Commending Paralyzed Veterans of America.
- HJ1049: Commending the Morrison School.
- HJ1050: Commending William King Museum of Art.
- HJ1052: Celebrating the life of Thelma Montalee Mullins.
- HJ1054: Commending the Food City 300 NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
- HJ1055: Commending the Food City 500 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
- HJ1056: Commemorating the 90th anniversary of the 1927 Bristol Sessions.
- HR280: Celebrating the life of Ralph McKinley Dillow, Jr.
- HB2: Clean Power Plan; state implementation plan, General Assembly approval.
- HB78: Failure to drive on right side of highways or observe traffic lanes; penalties.
- HB294: Southwestern Virginia Training Center and Southeastern Virginia Training Center; closure prohibited.
- HB295: School sports officials; penalty for battery against official.
- HB296: Eluding police; penalty.
- HB306: School buses; display of advertising material on sides and rear.
- HB649: Charter; Town of Damascus.
- HB1259: Auctioneers Board; requirement for continuing education, exception.
- HB1325: BVU Authority; Board powers and duties, broadband, repeals certain provision.
- HJ24: Celebrating the life of Evelyn Thompson Lawrence.
- HJ25: Celebrating the life of Roy L. Skeen.
- HJ26: Celebrating the life of Sharon Smith Hembree.
- HJ27: Celebrating the life of Geraldine Hankins Sword.
- HJ28: Celebrating the life of Stephen W. Morris.
- HJ219: Celebrating the life of Benjamin Thomas Osborne.
- HJ234: Celebrating the life of Cecil Taylor.
- HJ235: Commending the Galax High School football team.
- HJ482: Celebrating the life of Gregory Douglas Morrell.
- HJ483: Celebrating the life of Vera Paige Proffitt.
- HR238: Celebrating the life of Viola Lorena Litz Addison.
- HR239: Celebrating the life of Georgia Massengill Warren.
- HB1883: Virginia Sickness and Disability Program; open enrollment period; State Police Retirement System.
- HB1884: Assault and battery; penalty when occurs against family or household member.
- HB1885: Virginia Retirement System; revocation of participation of political subdivision.
- HB1893: Bristol, City of; amending charter, clarifying changes to the Bristol Virginia Utilities Authority.
- HB1894: Public schools; corporal punishment; exception.
- HB2209: Partnerships; general formation.
- HB2282: Gas severance tax; eliminates expiration date for tax.
- HB2291: Clean Power Plan; state implementation plan, General Assembly approval.
- HB2357: Insurance rates; limitation for renewal policies.
- HB2389: Charitable gaming; political party committees permitted to conduct.
- HJ510: Commending V. Ray Hancock.
- HJ511: Celebrating the life of Ruth Aileen Hancock.
- HJ609: Celebrating the life of Bobby Wayne Elliott.
- HJ615: Commending High Point Elementary School.
- HJ650: Celebrating the life of James Conrad Blankenbecler, Jr.
- HJ666: Clean Water Act; opposition to definition of 'waters of the United States.'
- HJ713: Celebrating the life of Michael Francis Blair.
- HJ714: Celebrating the life of Jack R. Hamm.
- HJ751: Celebrating the life of Brock Anthony Michael Funk.
- HJ752: Commending Tim Webb.
- HJ753: Commending The Tavern.
- HJ800: Celebrating the life of Marian M. Bailey.
- HJ924: Celebrating the life of Walter Blair Keller, Jr.
- HB51: Speed limits; prohibits driving at less than posted maximum speed in left-most lanes on Interstate.
- HB375: Patent infringement; assertions made in bad faith, exemptions, penalties.
- HB588: Cemetery Board; powers and duties, special interments of human remains & pets of deceased humans.
- HB590: Charitable gaming; raffles by nonprofit organizations.
- HB591: Virginia Consumer Protection Act; unsolicited demands for payment, prohibited practices.
- HB592: Training centers in Commonwealth; remain open & accept new patients, despite DBHDS plan to close.
- HB593: Entitlement to certain sales and use tax revenues; City of Bristol and Washington County.
- HB603: Driver's license; refusal to provide social security number due to religious objection.
- HB710: Coal-mined areas; reclamation.
- HB734: Virginia Beach arena; Virginia beach may use Arena Financing Fund to collect taxes for facility.
- HB947: School board policy, local; designated breastfeeding area for employees.
- HB1202: Mineral lands; local property and license taxes.
- HB1224: Natural gas-fueled electric generation facilities; approval of construction of certain facilities.
- HB1242: School boards, elected; tie breaker.
- HJ35: Commending Andrew E. Overbay.
- HJ36: Celebrating the life of Kevin Perrigan.
- HJ37: Commending the Holston High School golf team.
- HJ60: Commending Ty Cannaday.
- HJ61: Commending the Galax High School boys' cross country team.
- HJ75: Celebrating the life of John G. Wolfe.
- HJ117: Commending Benjamin Walls.
- HJ265: Commending Larry Chambers.
- HJ349: Commending Richard Macbeth.
- HJ401: Commending Geraldine Sword.
- HJ5018: Commending the Chilhowie High School girls' basketball team.
- HJ5019: Commending Wallace Middle School.
- HJ5178: Celebrating the life of Debra Michelle Thompson Edwards.
- HR3: Commending the Holston High School golf team.
- HR4: Commending Sherry King.
- HR5: Celebrating the life of Egbert Fullen Stallard.
- HR523: Celebrating the life of Matthew Anthony Legg, Jr.
- HR543: Commending Max Rodgers.
- HR545: Commending the Virginia High School baseball team.
- HR556: Commending the Galax High School boys' soccer team.
- HR559: Commending Claude Patton Worrell.
- HB850: General registrars; shall serve on a full-time basis.
- HB1426: Legal notices; advertisement on websites by Towns of Damascus and Glade Spring.
- HB1427: Bristol Virginia Utilities Authority; grants Authority 'quick take' condemnation powers.
- HB1428: General registrars; shall serve on a full-time basis beginning July 1, 2013.
- HB1508: Congressman William Wampler, Sr., Memorial Highway; designating portion of Interstate Route 81.
- HB1657: Retail Sales and Use Tax; exemption includes funeral-related goods.
- HB1679: Concealed handgun permit; exception retired investigator of security division of Lottery Department.
- HB1768: Environmental courts; district court or circuit court may establish, specialized court dockets.
- HB1798: Retail Sales and Use Tax; entitlement of City of Bristol to certain revenues.
- HB2035: Old Flat State Forest; authorizes DOF to convey and accept lands in Grayson County.
- HB2256: Southwest Virginia Cultural Heritage Foundation; membership of board of trustees. Emergency.
- HJ577: Celebrating the life of the Honorable William Creed Wampler, Sr
- HR85: Commending the Galax High School baseball team.
- HR86: Celebrating the life of Ralph E. McCray.
- HR87: Commending Glade Spring Middle School.
- HR88: Celebrating the life of John Bassett Vaughan.
- HR89: Celebrating the life of Merle Martin Warren Dickert.
- HR90: Commending Andrew Dalton Rhinehart.
- HR91: Commending Justin Grimm.
- HR92: Commending Emma Buchanan.
- HR93: Celebrating the life of Godfrey Morris Curd.
- HR94: Celebrating the life of Lieutenant Colonel Bill Rhea Starnes.
- HR95: Celebrating the life of Julia Marie Ferguson Cecil.
- HR96: Celebrating the life of Virginia Wright Fields.
- HR97: Celebrating the life of John Wesley Holmes.
- HR98: Celebrating the life of Stella Mae Smith Lowe.
- HR106: Celebrating the life of Ruth Jerauld Hill Goodpasture.
- HR107: Celebrating the life of Dorothy Lee Reavis Belton.
- HB684: Coal mine safety; operator of coal mine to submit map and revisions that show directional changes.
- HB685: Emergency lights; removes member of fire department, rescue squad, etc.
- HB686: License plates, special; issuance to veterans of Operation Desert Shield or Operation Desert Storm.
- HB687: Virginia Resources Authority; designees for Board of Directors.
- HB688: Driver's license, special; required for convicted methamphetamine offenders.
- HB689: Driver's license; allows issuance to an applicant who fails to provide a social security number.
- HB755: Judgments; statute of limitations.
- HB850: General registrars; shall serve on a full-time basis.
- HB1116: Retail Sales and Use Tax; distribution of revenue collected in certain public facilities.
- HB1192: Coalfield employment enhancement tax credit; extends sunset date.
- HB1204: Domestic tobacco; incentive payments for use by nonparticipating manufacturers.
- HJ182: Celebrating the life of Wanda June M. Roberts.
- HJ183: Commending Michael J. Quillen.
- HJ265: Celebrating the life of Dowell Richardson.
- HJ266: Celebrating the life of Kathleen Lyons Hester.
- HJ387: Commending Steven C. Smith.
- HJ388: Commending Barbara Thomas.
- HR574: Commending the Galax High School golf team.
- HR575: Commending the Galax High School boys' basketball team.