Delegate John Bell (D-Chantilly)
- 87: Counties of Loudoun (part) and Prince William (part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2016
- Next Election
- November 2017
- Counties, Cities and Towns, Militia, Police and Public Safety
- Copatroning Habits
- 61% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Democrats. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 78% of them are Democrats. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 60% of them are Democrats.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 3.4% in 2016
Corpus Christi Caller-Times: Chamber music society hosts string quartet, violist
February 23, 2017
Roanoke Times: Opioid reform bills head to governor's desk
February 20, 2017
University of Virginia The Cavalier Daily: The Cavalier Daily:: Proposed campus free speech law ...
February 15, 2017
Blue Virginia (press release) (blog): 2017 Virginia Democratic House Candidates by District [2/22/17 UPDATES]
February 10, 2017
Loudoun Times-Mirror: South Riding Republican announces campaign for 87th House District seat
January 31, 2017
- HB1802: Companion animals; prohibits tethering of animals outdoors unless owner is outdoors.
- HB1803: Workers' compensation; disease presumptions, correctional officers.
- HB1804: Practical design standards for projects.
- HB1805: School divisions, certain; development of plan to fund and phase in full-day kindergarten.
- HB1806: Income tax subtractions and credits for investments in technology businesses.
- HB1807: Teacher grievance procedures; hearing; three-member fact-finding panel.
- HB1808: Virginia Public Procurement Act; use of best value contracting.
- HB1809: Computer crimes; penalties.
- HB1880: Virginia Public Procurement Act; competitive negotiation for professional services.
- HB1881: Virginia Highway Corporation Act of 1988; toll rate approval by State Corporation Commission.
- HB1898: Controlled substances; limits on prescription containing opioids.
- HB1899: Conditional zoning proffers; affordable dwelling units.
- HB1986: Computer trespass; penalty.
- HB1988: Outdoor lighting fixtures; use of light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
- HJ732: Commending the Sterling Volunteer Fire Company.
- HJ733: Commending iFly Loudoun.
- HJ734: Commending Sihan Sandhu.
- HJ735: Commending the Freedom High School gymnastics team.
- HJ736: Commending Mihika Dusad.
- HJ749: Constitutional amendment; Virginia Redistricting Commission, established, apportionment.
- HJ753: Commending Women Giving Back.
- HJ754: Commending the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
- HJ755: Commending the Rock Ridge High School drama team.
- HJ756: Commending the Freedom High School drama team.
- HJ757: Commending the Park View High School boys' soccer team.
- HJ758: Commending the Battlefield High School girls' soccer team.
- HJ785: Celebrating the life of Anshul Chimaladinne.
- HJ807: Commending Liberty Elementary School.
- HJ822: Commending the Arcola Elementary School Chorus.
- HJ870: Commending Juanita Velasco.
- HJ888: Commending Rob Buswell.
- HB533: Electrical transmission line siting; hearing requested by locality.
- HB603: Veterans Services Foundation; Department of Veterans Services to provide support.
- HB617: Concealed handgun permit; demonstration of competence.
- HB630: Correctional officers; survey upon resignation, termination, or employment transition.
- HB631: Tolling on Interstate 66.
- HB632: Transfer of firearms; criminal history record information check, penalties.
- HB634: Payday loan offices and motor vehicle title loan offices; distance from military installation.
- HB638: Higher educational institutions; public-private partnerships, wind and solar power.
- HB639: Workers' compensation; disease presumptions, correctional officers.
- HB745: Virginia Residential Property Disclosure Act; required disclosures, septic tanks.
- HB746: Virginia Residential Property Disclosure Act; required disclosures, zoning and permitted uses.
- HB796: Practical design standards; VDOT to employ standards for any highway system project.
- HB798: School divisions, certain; development of plan to fund and phase in full-day kindergarten.
- HB799: Income tax, state; subtractions and credits for investments in technology businesses.
- HB808: Outdoor lighting fixtures; governmental agencies to use light-emitting diode (LED) lighting.
- HB1352: Public elementary and secondary schools; teacher grievance procedures.
- HB1353: U.S. of America and the Commonwealth of Virginia; purchase of flags by public bodies.
- HB1354: Virginia Public Procurement Act; use of best value contracting, etc.
- HJ100: Dulles Greenway; Department of Transportation to study.
- HJ101: Dulles Greenway; Department of Transportation to study feasibility of purchasing.
- HJ117: Constitutional amendment; Virginia Redistricting Commission, established, apportionment.
- HJ397: Commending Rock Ridge Performing Arts.
- HJ398: Commending Freedom High School.
- HJ399: Commending the Save 50 Task Force.
- HJ521: Commending Mudra Arts Center.
- HJ525: Commending Boy Scout Troop 956.
- HJ526: Commending the George Washington University School of Nursing.
- HJ527: Commending the Loudoun County Public Schools Student Records Department.
- HJ528: Commending Everybody Code Now!