Delegate John O'Bannon (R-Richmond)
- 73: County of Henrico (part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2001
- Next Election
- November 2017
- Appropriations, Health, Welfare and Institutions, Privileges and Elections
- Copatroning Habits
- 76% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 69% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 69% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 58.8% in 2017
- Campaign Contributions
- cash on hand (December 1969 report)
Blue Virginia (press release) (blog): Virginia House of Delegates Race Ratings (8/19/17)
August 19, 2017
Reason (blog): Virginia's Legislature Advances Bills to Reform Anti-Competitive Certificate of Public Need Laws
January 26, 2017
March 22, 2017
U.S. News & World Report: After Trump Win, Surge of Democrats for Virginia House Races
May 26, 2017
Daily Press (blog): Racing for the right to be the D who challenges R House of Delegates stalwarts
February 24, 2017
These are all of the video clips of John O'Bannon’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2009. There are 174 video clips in all.
- HB193: Certificates of public need; creates three-phase process to sunset requirements for medical care.
- HB1747: Advance directives; persons authorized to provide assistance in completing, training programs.
- HB1748: Charity health care services; liability protection for administrators.
- HB1749: Accident and sickness insurance rate filings; agent commissions.
- HB1750: Dispensing of naloxone; patient-specific order not required.
- HB1751: Virginia Foundation for Healthy Youth; mission.
- HB1798: Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV); donation or acquisition of organs infected with virus.
- HB1799: Controlled substances; use of FDA-approved substance upon publication of final rule, etc.
- HB2209: Emergency Department Care Coordination Program; established.
- HB2213: TANF; time limit on receipt of financial assistance.
- HB2300: Health, Department of; frequency of inspections.
- HB2301: Nurses, licensed practical; administration of vaccinations.