Delegate Joseph Johnson (D-Abingdon)
- 4: Counties of Dickenson, Russell (part), Washington (part), and Wise (part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 1990
- Left Office
- January 2014
- Copatroning Habits
- 57% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 57% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 52% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Campaign Contributions
- $6,250.19 cash on hand (May 2013 report)
|Altria Client Services, Inc.||Tobacco Products||Richmond||$500|
The Chattanoogan: Arnetts Were In Harrison Area Before The Indian Removal
April 23, 2017
Richmond.com: VUU names acting president
June 28, 2016
The Catholic Spirit: Before sainthood, Mother Teresa lit up the hearts of Minnesotans
September 6, 2016
Los Angeles Times: Charcoal is so hot right now. Just ask Josiah Citrin
September 9, 2015
October 23, 2016
These are all of the video clips of Joseph Johnson’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2009. There are 50 video clips in all.
- HB843: License plates, special; issuance to supporters of Trees Virginia.
- HB1670: Transient occupancy tax; adds Dickenson County to list of counties authorized to levy.
- HB1675: Misdemeanors; expungement of police and court records.
- HB1698: Charter; Town of Clintwood.
- HB1792: General and limited partnerships; updates certain Acts.
- HB2259: Retail Sales and Use Tax; development of regional impact.
- HB2260: Charter; Town of Coeburn.
- HB2272: Motor vehicle accident; satisfaction of judgments for damages, suspensions requested by creditor.
- HJ694: Commending the Eastside High School softball team.
- HJ734: Celebrating the life of the Honorable John Harvey Tate, Jr.
- HJ829: Commending Russell County Public Schools.
- HB291: Timber; property owners to send written notice to all adjoining property owners prior to cutting.
- HB843: License plates, special; issuance to supporters of Trees Virginia.
- HB844: Edgar Mullins Bridge; designating as bridge on Route 666 and on South Mountain Road in Wise County.
- HB845: Business entities; clarifies that name of entity cannot imply that is another type of business.
- HB846: Jake brakes; Town of St. Paul to regulate use when operating motor vehicles within Town.
- HB847: Charter; Town of Coeburn.
- HB848: Methamphetamine lab cleanup costs; localities may charge for reimbursement.
- HB849: Juveniles; court to conduct review hearing in secure facility via two-way electronic video.
- HB1128: Real property tax; attorney to request commissioner of revenue to correct assessment of property.
- HB1202: Fire policy; shall provide coverage for cost charged by volunteer fire department, etc.
- HB1244: Arrest; adult charged when a juvenile may be released on bail or recognizance.
- HJ187: Commending Deventae Mooney.
- HJ188: Commending the Clintwood High School football team.
- HJ189: Commending the Honaker High School baseball team.
- HJ323: Commending the agencies, companies, organizations, individuals, and governments.
- HJ429: Commending Dr. Ralph Stanley.
- HJ511: Commending Abingdon-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.
- HJ512: Commending John Henry Anderson Smith IV.
- HB1634: Transient occupancy tax; adds Washington County to those localities authorized to impose.
- HB2140: UVA; to make full use of additional financial authority granted in management agreement.
- HB2141: Tax returns; filing by overnight delivery service.
- HB2142: Bad checks; raises fee locality may charge.
- HB2143: Notice of seizure; when property is seized for forfeiture, notice is provided to treasurer.
- HB2144: Retirement System; increases health insurance credits for certain employees.
- HB2409: Water and sewer charges; charges imposed by Town of Abingdon shall be lien on real estate.
- HJ684: Commending Emory & Henry College.
- HJ685: Commending William Lloyd.
- HJ757: Commending Abingdon Masonic Lodge No. 48 on the occasion of its 215th anniversary.
- HJ774: Commending the Washington County Technology Student Association chapters.
- HB23: Children; prohibited photography, penalty.
- HB24: Drug treatment court; established in City of Bristol.
- HB27: Bristol Virginia Utilities (BVU) Authority; created.
- HB801: Fishing license; state residents to fish and harvest trout in waters of South Holston Reservoir.
- HB1231: Income tax, state; deduction for Virginia Military Family Relief Fund payments.
- HJ167: Commending People, Inc., on the occasion of its 45th anniversary.
- HJ253: Commending Highlands Union Bank on the occasion of its 25th anniversary.
- HJ335: Commending Abingdon Baptist Church on the occasion of its 100th anniversary.
- HJ483: Commending Teresa Keller.
- HJ484: Commending the Southwest Virginia 4-H Educational Center on the occasion of its 50th anniversary.
- HB1821: Concealed handguns; prohibited from carrying onto premises of restaurants and consuming alcohol.
- HB1822: Handguns; exempts permit holders from prohibition against carrying onto school property.
- HB2005: Charter; City of Bristol.
- HB2559: Homestead exemption; increases for householders who are 65 years of age or older.
- HB2560: Homestead exemption; increased for veterans.
- HJ766: Celebrating the life of George Rogers Clark Stuart.
- HJ861: Celebrating the life of Master Sergeant, USA Ret., Robert Lee Smith.
- HJ904: Celebrating the life of Johnny Earl Morphew, Jr.
- HJ929: Celebrating the life of Klell Bayne Napps.
- HJ939: Commending Pamela D. Murray.
- HB866: Criminal Justice Services, Department of; limitation on licensure for bail bondsmen.
- HB867: Public Procurement Act; regional industrial facility authorities to enter into certain contracts.
- HB868: Setoff Debt Collection Act; setoff against federal tax refunds for local tax debt.
- HB869: Personal property tax; uncollected balances added to delinquent list maintained by Treasurer.
- HB870: Mineral Resources, Division of; name changed to Division of Geology and Mineral Resources.
- HB871: Marriage & family programs; Department of Social Services to establish.
- HB872: Hunting; persons required to wear blaze orange clothing during deer season.
- HB873: Concealed handgun permits; proof of competency with handgun.
- HB874: Income tax, state; exemption for launch services and payload to space flight participants.
- HB1196: Charter; City of Bristol.
- HJ336: Commending Barter Theatre on the occasion of its 75th anniversary.
- HJ400: Celebrating the life of Joseph A. Johnson.
- HJ442: Celebrating the life of Staff Sergeant Chad A. Barrett.
- HJ449: Commending the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center on the occasion of its 10th anniversary.
- HB1628: Coal and gas road improvement tax, local; extends sunset provision.
- HB3015: Military Family Relief Fund; assistance after active duty.
- HB3019: Charter; City of Bristol.
- HB3092: Driver's license numbers; nonissuance of license to persons with bona fide religious objections.
- HB3093: Assessments; notice of change.
- HJ758: Commending Talmage Stanley.
- HB626: Payday loans; increases minimum term.
- HB627: Felony cases; suspension or modification of sentence.
- HB628: Military Family Relief Fund; created, report.
- HB1280: Placements of children; entire record of criminal history to be obtained when contemplating thereof.
- HB1281: Retirement System; juvenile detention employees eligible for benefits equivalent to State Police.
- HB1282: Industrial access roads; allocation of funds for those leading to economic development sites, etc.
- HB1283: Taxes, local; cap on penalty for failing to pay.
- HB1284: Decal, local; locality may eliminate display on vehicle.
- HB1384: Telecommunications tax; permits Town of Abingdon to impose.
- HB1425: Treasurers, local; collection of unpaid fines and costs.
- HJ171: Commending Virginia and national support agencies that assist Virginias National Guard and Reserves
- HJ327: Celebrating the life of Staff Sergeant James Earl Estep.
- HJ330: Commending Griff Graves.
- HJ331: Commending Dr. Jack Roper.
- HJ356: Commending Bristol, Virginia, on the occasion of its 150th anniversary.
- HJ387: Commending Amber Brooke Copley on being named Miss Virginia USA 2006.
- HJ5042: Commending Travis Lyle Brannon.