Delegate Joseph Johnson (D-Abingdon)
- 4: Counties of Dickenson, Russell (part), Washington (part), and Wise (part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 1990
- Left Office
- January 2014
- Copatroning Habits
- 57% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 57% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 52% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Campaign Contributions
- $6,250.19 cash on hand (May 2013 report)
|Altria Client Services, Inc.||Tobacco Products||Richmond||$500|
Roanoke Times: BVU tries to win back customers' trust with reforms
May 7, 2016
July 10, 2016
Brownwood Bulletin: Subvarsity Lions sweep three games from Stephenville, with JV earning 52-6 win
October 14, 2016
Los Angeles Times: Charcoal is so hot right now. Just ask Josiah Citrin
September 9, 2015
Brownwood Bulletin: JV Lions pummel Big Spring, 52-0
October 28, 2016
These are all of the video clips of Joseph Johnson’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2009. There are 50 video clips in all.
- HB843: License plates, special; issuance to supporters of Trees Virginia.
- HB1670: Transient occupancy tax; adds Dickenson County to list of counties authorized to levy.
- HB1675: Misdemeanors; expungement of police and court records.
- HB1698: Charter; Town of Clintwood.
- HB1792: General and limited partnerships; updates certain Acts.
- HB2259: Retail Sales and Use Tax; development of regional impact.
- HB2260: Charter; Town of Coeburn.
- HB2272: Motor vehicle accident; satisfaction of judgments for damages, suspensions requested by creditor.
- HJ694: Commending the Eastside High School softball team.
- HJ734: Celebrating the life of the Honorable John Harvey Tate, Jr.
- HJ829: Commending Russell County Public Schools.
- HB291: Timber; property owners to send written notice to all adjoining property owners prior to cutting.
- HB843: License plates, special; issuance to supporters of Trees Virginia.
- HB844: Edgar Mullins Bridge; designating as bridge on Route 666 and on South Mountain Road in Wise County.
- HB845: Business entities; clarifies that name of entity cannot imply that is another type of business.
- HB846: Jake brakes; Town of St. Paul to regulate use when operating motor vehicles within Town.
- HB847: Charter; Town of Coeburn.
- HB848: Methamphetamine lab cleanup costs; localities may charge for reimbursement.
- HB849: Juveniles; court to conduct review hearing in secure facility via two-way electronic video.
- HB1128: Real property tax; attorney to request commissioner of revenue to correct assessment of property.
- HB1202: Fire policy; shall provide coverage for cost charged by volunteer fire department, etc.
- HB1244: Arrest; adult charged when a juvenile may be released on bail or recognizance.
- HJ187: Commending Deventae Mooney.
- HJ188: Commending the Clintwood High School football team.
- HJ189: Commending the Honaker High School baseball team.
- HJ323: Commending the agencies, companies, organizations, individuals, and governments.
- HJ429: Commending Dr. Ralph Stanley.
- HJ511: Commending Abingdon-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.
- HJ512: Commending John Henry Anderson Smith IV.
- HB1634: Transient occupancy tax; adds Washington County to those localities authorized to impose.
- HB2140: UVA; to make full use of additional financial authority granted in management agreement.
- HB2141: Tax returns; filing by overnight delivery service.
- HB2142: Bad checks; raises fee locality may charge.
- HB2143: Notice of seizure; when property is seized for forfeiture, notice is provided to treasurer.
- HB2144: Retirement System; increases health insurance credits for certain employees.
- HB2409: Water and sewer charges; charges imposed by Town of Abingdon shall be lien on real estate.
- HJ684: Commending Emory & Henry College.
- HJ685: Commending William Lloyd.
- HJ757: Commending Abingdon Masonic Lodge No. 48 on the occasion of its 215th anniversary.
- HJ774: Commending the Washington County Technology Student Association chapters.
- HB23: Children; prohibited photography, penalty.
- HB24: Drug treatment court; established in City of Bristol.
- HB27: Bristol Virginia Utilities (BVU) Authority; created.
- HB801: Fishing license; state residents to fish and harvest trout in waters of South Holston Reservoir.
- HB1231: Income tax, state; deduction for Virginia Military Family Relief Fund payments.
- HJ167: Commending People, Inc., on the occasion of its 45th anniversary.
- HJ253: Commending Highlands Union Bank on the occasion of its 25th anniversary.
- HJ335: Commending Abingdon Baptist Church on the occasion of its 100th anniversary.
- HJ483: Commending Teresa Keller.
- HJ484: Commending the Southwest Virginia 4-H Educational Center on the occasion of its 50th anniversary.
- HB1821: Concealed handguns; prohibited from carrying onto premises of restaurants and consuming alcohol.
- HB1822: Handguns; exempts permit holders from prohibition against carrying onto school property.
- HB2005: Charter; City of Bristol.
- HB2559: Homestead exemption; increases for householders who are 65 years of age or older.
- HB2560: Homestead exemption; increased for veterans.
- HJ766: Celebrating the life of George Rogers Clark Stuart.
- HJ861: Celebrating the life of Master Sergeant, USA Ret., Robert Lee Smith.
- HJ904: Celebrating the life of Johnny Earl Morphew, Jr.
- HJ929: Celebrating the life of Klell Bayne Napps.
- HJ939: Commending Pamela D. Murray.
- HB866: Criminal Justice Services, Department of; limitation on licensure for bail bondsmen.
- HB867: Public Procurement Act; regional industrial facility authorities to enter into certain contracts.
- HB868: Setoff Debt Collection Act; setoff against federal tax refunds for local tax debt.
- HB869: Personal property tax; uncollected balances added to delinquent list maintained by Treasurer.
- HB870: Mineral Resources, Division of; name changed to Division of Geology and Mineral Resources.
- HB871: Marriage & family programs; Department of Social Services to establish.
- HB872: Hunting; persons required to wear blaze orange clothing during deer season.
- HB873: Concealed handgun permits; proof of competency with handgun.
- HB874: Income tax, state; exemption for launch services and payload to space flight participants.
- HB1196: Charter; City of Bristol.
- HJ336: Commending Barter Theatre on the occasion of its 75th anniversary.
- HJ400: Celebrating the life of Joseph A. Johnson.
- HJ442: Celebrating the life of Staff Sergeant Chad A. Barrett.
- HJ449: Commending the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center on the occasion of its 10th anniversary.
- HB1628: Coal and gas road improvement tax, local; extends sunset provision.
- HB3015: Military Family Relief Fund; assistance after active duty.
- HB3019: Charter; City of Bristol.
- HB3092: Driver's license numbers; nonissuance of license to persons with bona fide religious objections.
- HB3093: Assessments; notice of change.
- HJ758: Commending Talmage Stanley.
- HB626: Payday loans; increases minimum term.
- HB627: Felony cases; suspension or modification of sentence.
- HB628: Military Family Relief Fund; created, report.
- HB1280: Placements of children; entire record of criminal history to be obtained when contemplating thereof.
- HB1281: Retirement System; juvenile detention employees eligible for benefits equivalent to State Police.
- HB1282: Industrial access roads; allocation of funds for those leading to economic development sites, etc.
- HB1283: Taxes, local; cap on penalty for failing to pay.
- HB1284: Decal, local; locality may eliminate display on vehicle.
- HB1384: Telecommunications tax; permits Town of Abingdon to impose.
- HB1425: Treasurers, local; collection of unpaid fines and costs.
- HJ171: Commending Virginia and national support agencies that assist Virginias National Guard and Reserves
- HJ327: Celebrating the life of Staff Sergeant James Earl Estep.
- HJ330: Commending Griff Graves.
- HJ331: Commending Dr. Jack Roper.
- HJ356: Commending Bristol, Virginia, on the occasion of its 150th anniversary.
- HJ387: Commending Amber Brooke Copley on being named Miss Virginia USA 2006.
- HJ5042: Commending Travis Lyle Brannon.