Delegate Jason Miyares (R-Virginia Beach)
- 82: City of Virginia Beach (part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2016
- Next Election
- November 2017
- Courts of Justice, Privileges and Elections
- Copatroning Habits
- 91% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 80% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 65% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 0% in 2016
February 19, 2017
Washington Post: Richmond notebook: Rapt silence, then applause for a lawmaker with a critique of McAuliffe's Cuba outreach
February 1, 2017
Progress Index: House eliminates over $3 million in proposed fee increases
February 19, 2017
Bearing Drift (press release) (blog): We are not 'Fake' News
February 17, 2017
February 4, 2017
These are all of the video clips of Jason Miyares’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2016. There are 6 video clips in all.
- HB1447: Higher educational institutions; establishment of substance abuse recovery housing program.
- HB1448: Self-settled spendthrift trusts; certain legal entities to act as qualified trustee.
- HB1452: Higher educational institutions; graduation requirements, course in Western civilization, etc.
- HB1489: Recordation tax exemption; certain limited liability companies and limited or general partnerships
- HB1523: Appointment of substitute judges; district courts.
- HB1871: Administrative Process Act; review of regulations by Joint Commission on Administrative Rules.
- HB1892: Higher educational institutions, public; independent audit.
- HB2175: Income tax, state; subtraction for military veterans with a service-connected disability.
- HB2218: Public charter school applications and charter agreements; review by the Board of Education.
- HB2242: DPOR; regulatory boards within the Department, expiration of regulations.
- HB2297: Oyster planting grounds; Marine Resources Commission to post.
- HB2298: Riparian planting grounds lease; eligibility.
- HB2319: National Flood Insurance Program; participation by affected localities, report.
- HB2320: Hurricane and Flooding Risk Reduction Act of 2017; established.
- HJ562: Const. amend. (first resolution); real property tax; exemption for surviving spouse of disabled vet.
- HJ563: Commending Stefanie Fee.
- HJ564: Commending Maurice Cullen.
- HJ742: Commending Scott R. Park.
- HJ810: Commemorating the 30th anniversary of Ronald Reagan's 'Tear Down This Wall' speech.
- HR141: Christian heritage; recognizing its influence in the Commonwealth.
- HR272: Commending Miles Williams.
- HR297: Christian heritage.
- HR352: Commending the Reverend Nigel W. D. Mumford.
- HR354: Celebrating the life of Sander George Dukas.
- HB204: Marine Resources Commission; increases membership.
- HB277: Heroin; manufacture, selling, etc., mandatory minimum sentence.
- HB278: Prescription of opioids and benzodiazepines; urine drug screening.
- HB316: Income tax, state; subtraction for military veterans with a service-connected, permanent disability.
- HB451: Economic Opportunity for Virginians in Aspiring & Diverse Communities, Commission on; report.
- HB640: Oyster leases; moratorium.
- HB1265: Practitioner of medicine, osteopathy, etc.; limits on dispensing of certain drugs, penalty.
- HB1370: High school; prohibition of certain level course grading policies.
- HJ177: Anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS); condemnation.
- HJ422: Commending First Colonial High School.
- HJ458: Celebrating the life of the Honorable Antonin Gregory Scalia.
- HR66: Celebrating the life of Wilbur Macon Whitson.
- HR141: Recognizing the influence of Christian heritage in Virginia.
- HR189: Commending Austin Haycox.