Delegate Jason Miyares (R-Virginia Beach)
- 82: City of Virginia Beach (part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2016
- Next Election
- November 2017
- Courts of Justice, Privileges and Elections
- Copatroning Habits
- 89% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 80% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 65% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 0% in 2016
July 7, 2017
Bearing Drift (press release) (blog): Delegate Jason Miyares On Lobby Day: Education Reform, Republican Politics, and JMU Dukes Football
January 18, 2017
Daily Press: Virginia House rocks out over Ticketmaster bill
January 27, 2017
Washington Post: Richmond notebook: Rapt silence, then applause for a lawmaker with a critique of McAuliffe's Cuba outreach
February 1, 2017
Virginian-Pilot: Charles McPhillips: A Republican's appeal on redistricting
January 22, 2017
These are all of the video clips of Jason Miyares’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2016. There are 7 video clips in all.
- HB1447: Higher educational institutions; establishment of substance abuse recovery housing program.
- HB1448: Self-settled spendthrift trusts; certain legal entities to act as qualified trustee.
- HB1452: Higher educational institutions; graduation requirements, course in Western civilization, etc.
- HB1489: Recordation tax; exemption for certain limited liability companies & limited/general partnerships.
- HB1523: Substitute judges; appointment to district courts.
- HB1871: Administrative Process Act; review of regulations by Joint Commission on Administrative Rules.
- HB1892: Higher educational institutions, public; independent audit.
- HB2175: Income tax, state; subtraction for military veterans with a service-connected disability.
- HB2218: Public charter school applications and charter agreements; review by the Board of Education.
- HB2242: DPOR; regulatory boards within the Department, expiration of regulations.
- HB2297: Oyster planting grounds; Marine Resources Commission to post.
- HB2298: Riparian planting grounds lease; eligibility.
- HB2319: National Flood Insurance Program; participation by affected localities, report.
- HB2320: Hurricane and Flooding Risk Reduction Act of 2017; established.
- HJ562: Constitutional amendment; real property tax exemption for spouse of disabled veteran.
- HJ563: Commending Stefanie Fee.
- HJ564: Commending Maurice Cullen.
- HJ742: Commending Scott R. Park.
- HJ810: Commemorating the 30th anniversary of Ronald Reagan's 'Tear Down This Wall' speech.
- HR141: Christian heritage; recognizes influence in Virginia.
- HR272: Commending Miles Williams.
- HR297: Christian heritage; recognizes influence in Virginia.
- HR352: Commending the Reverend Nigel W. D. Mumford.
- HR354: Celebrating the life of Sander George Dukas.
- HB204: Marine Resources Commission; increases membership.
- HB277: Heroin; manufacture, selling, etc., mandatory minimum sentence.
- HB278: Prescription of opioids and benzodiazepines; urine drug screening.
- HB316: Income tax, state; subtraction for military veterans with a service-connected, permanent disability.
- HB451: Economic Opportunity for Virginians in Aspiring & Diverse Communities, Commission on; report.
- HB640: Oyster leases; moratorium.
- HB1265: Practitioner of medicine, osteopathy, etc.; limits on dispensing of certain drugs, penalty.
- HB1370: High school; prohibition of certain level course grading policies.
- HJ177: Anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS); condemnation.
- HJ422: Commending First Colonial High School.
- HJ458: Celebrating the life of the Honorable Antonin Gregory Scalia.
- HR66: Celebrating the life of Wilbur Macon Whitson.
- HR141: Recognizing the influence of Christian heritage in Virginia.
- HR189: Commending Austin Haycox.