Del. Margaret Ransone (R-Kinsale)
- 99: Counties of Caroline (part), King George, Lancaster, Northumberland, Richmond, and Westmoreland [map]
- Took Office
- January 2012
- Next Election
- November 2019
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources, Commerce and Labor, Privileges and Elections
- Copatroning Habits
- 88% of bills she copatroned were introduced by Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of her bills, 94% of them are Republicans. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that she also copatroned, 72% of them are Republicans.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 53.8% in 2017
- Campaign Contributions
- cash on hand (December 1969 report)
February 1, 2018
February 22, 2018
February 7, 2018
February 16, 2018
February 10, 2018
These are all of the video clips of Margaret Ransone’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2012. There are 27 video clips in all.
- HB684: Highways, certain; maximum speed limits.
- HB685: Cybersecurity Student Loan Repayment Grant Program; established, report.
- HB686: Unclaimed property; deposits and funds with financial institutions, charges and interest.
- HB777: Emergency air medical transportation; informed decision.
- HB778: Health benefit plan networks; informed decision.
- HB1404: Snakehead fish; certified restaurants and retail markets.
- HB1405: Elections, State Board of; increases membership and terms appointment of Commissioner of Elections.
- HB1491: Marine Resources Commission; conveyance of easement and rights-of-way across Rappahannock River.
- HJ133: Commending sheriffs' deputies in Virginia.
- HJ136: Commending Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division.
- HJ143: Commending Colonial Beach Elementary School.
- HJ253: Celebrating the life of Robert Lee Stephens, Jr.
- HB1725: Driving in the left lane on highways laned for traffic.
- HB1726: Disarming a law-enforcement officer; penalty.
- HB1727: State and Local Government Conflict of Interests Act; school boards and school board employees.
- HB1728: Air transportation services providers; VDH to review rules for use in medical situations.
- HB1729: Charter; Town of Port Royal.
- HB1730: Electoral boards, local; description of duties and responsibilities, required affirmation.
- HB1731: Joint Commission on Administrative Rules; periodic review of exemptions.
- HB1844: Supreme Court of Virginia; Executive Secretary to maintain case information system.
- HB2313: Courthouses; county removal.
- HB2358: Water utilities; suspension of proposed rate increases.
- HJ614: Study; Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission to study Virginia Administrative Process Act.
- HJ1064: Celebrating the life of Josh Hardy.
- HJ1084: Commending the first responders to the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula tornado.
- HB898: Administrative Process Act; contents of economic impact statements.
- HB1140: Subdivision plats; approval before recordation.
- HJ164: Commending Ronnie D. Crockett.
- HJ165: Commending Kenny Eades.
- HJ166: Commending the Reverend Leon Webster Baylor, Sr.
- HJ167: Commending Chuck Wilkins.
- HJ168: Commending Joe Grzeika.
- HJ253: Commending Dale W. Sisson, Jr.
- HJ269: Celebrating the life of Maxie Lee Broaddus.
- HJ281: Commemorating the 250th anniversary of the signing of the Leedstown Resolutions.
- HJ309: Commending Mount Zion Baptist Church.
- HB1748: Accidents; reports maintained by DMV.
- HB1749: Expungement of protective orders.
- HB1750: Investigational drugs; expanded access.
- HB1751: Administrative Process Act; certain review by Joint Commission on Administrative Rules, report.
- HB2207: Broadband Advisory Council; increases membership.
- HB2240: Blue catfish; introduction, stocking, and release of Blue catfish, exception.
- HB2392: Harvester's license, special nonresident; fee and oath, revocation, penalty.
- HJ589: Celebrating the life of Samuel Bryan Chandler.
- HJ593: Losing Loved Ones in a Tragic Accident Month; designating as August 2015, and each year thereafter.
- HJ693: Tax Withholding and Employer Contribution Awareness Month; designating as March 2016.
- HJ704: Celebrating the life of R. David O'Dell, Jr.
- HJ735: Commending Doug Bryant.
- HB648: Oyster measures; reduces minimum size of container by which oysters in shell may be bought or sold.
- HB649: Stormwater management program; regulations, single-family residence.
- HB650: Boating safety course; persons who possess valid Va. seafood landing license, etc., exempted.
- HB698: Campus police and school security officers; assault and battery, penalty.
- HB1092: Oyster grounds; condemnation.
- HJ80: Commending Thomas O. Lewis, Jr.
- HJ81: Celebrating the life of the Honorable Walther Balderson Fidler.
- HJ82: Celebrating the life of Ruth Jones Herrink.
- HJ266: Commending William D. Henderson, Jr.
- HJ5070: Commending Captain Peter R. Nette.
- HJ5166: Commending the Cople Elementary School Problem Solvers team.
- HJ5171: Commending the Richmond County Senior League All-Star Softball Team.
- HR156: Commending Dr. James R. Prince.
- HR157: Commending Christina Dempsey.
- HR159: Celebrating the life of Abigail Randi-Mae Cullen.
- HB149: Income tax, corporate; lower rate for certain businesses.
- HB1390: Charter; Town of Kilmarnock.
- HB1400: Oyster replenishment tax; penalties.
- HB1411: Hoax explosive devices; imitation weapons of terrorism, increased penalties.
- HB1648: Low-income and disabled customers; discounted fees and charges for certain.
- HB1707: Unemployment compensation; notices of penalties for fraudulent claims for benefits, etc.
- HB1805: Saltwater recreational fishing; allows State residents 65 and older to purchase lifetime license.
- HB2346: Lock-down drills; every public school is required to have at least two practices per year, etc.
- HJ633: Commending the Special Olympics Virginia Area 28 soccer team.
- HJ655: Celebrating the life of Robert Ferrell Mothershead.
- HJ707: Commending Greg Moffitt.
- HJ737: Commending the King George Ruritan Club.
- HJ855: Celebrating the life of Luther Everette Welch.
- HB148: Unemployment benefits; each applicant, for eligibility, to provide VEC results of a drug test.
- HB149: Income tax, corporate; lower rate for certain businesses.
- HB150: Conservation police officers; Board to adopt regulations prohibiting hunting in certain areas.
- HB395: Line of Duty Act; expeditious payment for burial expense for person whose death is in line of duty.
- HB995: Forestry, Department of; limits payments from timber sales to localities.
- HB996: Minority Business Enterprise, Department of; authorizes electronic certification process.
- HB997: Public assistance; written and oral information to applicant.
- HB998: Farm stores; exempts stores that are owned and operated by farmer from State inspection.
- HJ69: Celebrating the life of Adam Maynard Bowen.
- HJ70: Celebrating the life of Ronald Dare Hundley.
- HJ405: Commending Frances W. Porter.
- HJ485: Celebrating the life of J. Clifford Hutt.
- HJ486: Commending Billy Sydnor.
- HJ5006: Commending the Lancaster High School boys' basketball team.
- HR519: Commending the King George High School Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps rifle team.