Delegate Mark Levine (D-Alexandria)
- 45: Counties of Arlington (part) and Fairfax (part); City of Alexandria (part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2016
- Next Election
- November 2017
- Health, Welfare and Institutions, Science and Technology
- Copatroning Habits
- 84% of bills he copatroned were introduced by Democrats. Of all of the copatrons of his bills, 88% of them are Democrats. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that he also copatroned, 75% of them are Democrats.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 0% in 2016
Blue Virginia (press release) (blog): Governor McAuliffe Endorses Delegate Mark Levine
February 14, 2017
Alexandria Times: Karen Graf to challenge Mark Levine for House of Delegates seat
February 9, 2017
February 15, 2017
February 22, 2017
February 23, 2017
These are all of the video clips of Mark Levine’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2016. There are 18 video clips in all.
- HB2126: Family and Medical Leave Insurance Program; established.
- HB2127: Victims of sexual assault; rights of victims, physical evidence recovery kits.
- HB2128: Custody and visitation agreements; best interests of the child.
- HB2129: Virginia Human Rights Act; prohibits discrimination in employment.
- HB2130: Motor vehicles; motor fuel sales tax in certain transportation districts.
- HB2131: Libraries; assessment for costs in civil actions, disbursement for law libraries.
- HB2132: Towing advisory board, local; membership.
- HB2133: Recount procedures; initial audit of ballot scanner machines.
- HB2134: Law-enforcement agencies, local; body-worn cameras.
- HB2135: Medical marijuana; written certification.
- HB2444: Presidential candidates; required statement regarding disclosure of federal tax returns.
- HB2445: Open-end credit plan loans; establishes requirements for loans.
- HB2446: Immunity of persons; defamation, statements regarding matters of public concern, sanctions.
- HJ699: Constitutional amendment (first resolution); Governor's term of office.
- HJ700: Study; Broadband Advisory Council; broadband availability and the most cost-effective coverage.
- HJ973: Commending Jennifer Burgin.
- HJ983: Commending Beulah Baptist Church.
- HJ1009: Commemorating the life and legacy of Captain Humbert Roque Versace.
- HJ1036: Commemorating the lives and legacies of Jewish victims of the Holocaust.
- HB995: Minimum wage; establishes a procedure by which a local alternative wage may be imposed.
- HB996: Police and court records; expungement of certain misdemeanor drug offenses.
- HB997: Marijuana; decriminalization of simple marijuana possession.
- HB998: Law-enforcement agencies, local; body-worn cameras.
- HB999: Family and Medical Insurance Leave Program; review of eligibility and benefit payments.
- HB1000: Online firearm sale; criminal history record information check, penalties.
- HB1001: Terrorist Screening Database; check of Database required prior to purchasing firearm from dealer.
- HB1002: Voter registration; automatic voter registration.
- HB1003: Voting systems; voter-verifiable paper record.
- HB1004: Provisional voting; voter photograph taken at polling place.
- HB1005: VA Human Rights Act; public employment, public accommodation, & housing, prohibited discrimination.
- HB1006: Marriage; persons other than ministers who may celebrate rites.
- HB1007: Recognition of EMS Personnel Licensure Interstate Compact; created.
- HB1008: Motor vehicle fuels; sales tax in certain transportation districts, price floor.
- HB1009: Custody and visitation agreements; court to consider best interests the of child.
- HB1154: Electronic communications; contents; admissibility.
- HB1278: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Compact of 1966; membership.
- HJ135: Constitutional amendment (first resolution); Governor's term of office.
- HJ380: Celebrating the life of Dana McLeod.