Delegate Paula Miller (D-Norfolk)
- 87: City of Norfolk (part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2005
- Left Office
- January 2012
- Copatroning Habits
- 63% of bills she copatroned were introduced by Democrats. Of all of the copatrons of her bills, 86% of them are Democrats. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that she also copatroned, 55% of them are Democrats.
- Tag Cloud
December 1, 2014
Greeley Tribune: Weld County revamps restaurant inspection site
November 26, 2014
My Eastern Shore: New Caroline teachers welcomed
August 19, 2014
Tucson News Now: ONLY ON KOLD: Eyes on the Line
July 22, 2014
The Virginian-Pilot: Sen. Lynwood Lewis says Va. budget vote a mistake
June 13, 2014
These are all of the video clips of Paula Miller’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2010. There are 24 video clips in all.
- HB1423: Marijuana, synthetic; penalties for possession, intent to sell, distribute, etc.
- HB1460: Public officials; any person who threatens to kill or injure is guilty of Class 1 misdemeanor.
- HB1562: Home/electronic incarceration; good conduct credits.
- HB1563: Good conduct credits; failure to comply with order or decree for support.
- HB1564: Lien of keeper of garage; storage charges.
- HB1565: Court records; secure remote access restrictions do not apply to secure access by attorneys, etc.
- HB1812: Workers' compensation; occupational disease presumption for certain police officers.
- HB1886: Crabbing area; clarifies boundaries where taking or catching of crabs is prohibited.
- HB2489: Sheriffs' offices vehicles; allows a sheriff to approve display of advertisements.
- HB2490: Campus police; report of certain incidents to local law-enforcement agency.
- HB2526: Service handguns; purchase of weapon when resignation in good standing.
- HJ677: Virginia State Police workforce; Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission to study pay equity.
- HJ778: Celebrating the life of Robert B. Smithwick.
- HJ824: Commending the Norfolk Christian High School boys' basketball team.
- HJ825: Commending the Norfolk Christian High School girls' basketball team.
- HJ826: Commending the Norfolk Christian High School football team.
- HJ877: Commending Virginia Wesleyan College on the occasion of its 50th anniversary.
- HJ880: Celebrating the life of Albert Teich, Jr.
- HB254: Juvenile records; DJJ to provide information in an investigation of criminal street gang.
- HB255: Gang membership reporting; Juvenile Justice to enter names in Organized Criminal Gang File.
- HB256: Prisons; disposal of unclaimed personal property of prisoner.
- HB1233: Virginia National Guard; if called to active duty by Governor, health care, etc., will continue.
- HB1248: Prostitution; expands to a Class 1 misdemeanor.
- HB1256: Concealed weapon; certain law-enforcement officers who have resigned eligible to carry.
- HB1257: Service handguns; certain law-enforcement officers eligible for retirement may purchase.
- HJ151: Norfolk's Light Rail project; Auditor of Public Accounts to conduct financial audit, report.
- HJ208: Commending Mary Calcott Elementary School.
- HJ229: Commending Captain Richard Phillips.
- HJ438: Commending the Episcopal Church of the Advent on the occasion of its 50th anniversary.
- HR35: Commending the Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School Blue Crab Bowl team.
- HB273: Interscholastic activities; exclusive use of wood baseball bats.
- HB1880: Rail & Public Transportation, Dept. of; carry out state safety & security oversight responsibility.
- HB1881: Absentee voting; ballot may be sent electronically, if voter requests so, if located outside State.
- HB1987: Driver's license; suspension for failure to pay jail fees related to prisoner's keep.
- HB1988: Elections; removes curbside voting for persons age 65 and older, are entitled to vote absentee.
- HB1989: Civil immunity; officers and directors of certain local civic league or community organizations.
- HB2492: Assault & battery; penalty when committed against Metro Washington Airport Authority police officer.
- HB2493: Prisoner keep; increases amount locality may charge inmate to defray costs associated therewith.
- HB2574: Line of Duty Act; amends definition of deceased person thereunder, payment to beneficiaries.
- HJ670: Celebrating the life of Charles Francis, Jr.
- HJ671: Commending Ocean View Elementary School.
- HJ672: Commending Willoughby Elementary School.
- HJ673: Commending the Tidewater Winds on the occasion of its 25th anniversary.
- HJ743: Celebrating the life of Joan Gifford.
- HJ744: Celebrating the life of the Reverend Theodore Alfred Bashford.
- HJ820: Commending Carolyn LeCroy.
- HJ851: Commending Holy Trinity School on the occasion of its 85th anniversary.
- HJ852: Commending W. Randy Wright.
- HJ924: Celebrating the life of George S. Hughes.
- HJ960: Commending Lee's Friends on the occasion of its 30th anniversary.
- HB268: High-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes; violations in Hampton Roads Planning District.
- HB269: License plates, special; issuance for supporters of Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital Foundatn.
- HB270: Real estate tax; exemptions for elderly and handicapped persons in certain cities and counties.
- HB271: Line of Duty Act; amends definition of deceased person.
- HB272: Constitutional amendment; exempts certain homeowners from taxation (submitting to qualified voters).
- HB273: Interscholastic activities; exclusive use of wood baseball bats.
- HB681: Real estate tax; exemptions and deferrals for certain residential or farm property.
- HB682: Detention center incarceration program; placement of defendant with Department of Corrections.
- HB683: Real estate tax; reports by owners of income-producing property.
- HB956: Criminal Injuries Compensation Fund; physical evidence recovery kit examinations reimbursements.
- HB1117: Alcoholic beverage control; suspension and revocation of licenses if meeting place of street gang.
- HB1118: Real estate tax; exemptions and deferrals for certain residential or farm property.
- HB1119: Derelict structures; locality authorized to impose fee on record owner.
- HJ56: Constitutional amendment; exempts certain homeowners from taxation (second reference).
- HJ280: Commending Thomas R. Smigiel, Jr.
- HJ418: Commending Tidewater Community College on the occasion of its 40th anniversary.
- HJ489: Commending the Ocean View Lions Club on the occasion of its 75th anniversary.
- HJ519: Commending the ACCESS College Foundation on the occasion of its 20th anniversary.
- HJ541: Celebrating the life of Cayce Eileen Castelow.
- HJ552: Commending the Norfolk 17.
- HB2183: Driver's license; suspension thereof for failure to pay jail fees.
- HB2184: Law-enforcement officer; shall be accused of crime by indictment only.
- HB2185: Sex Offenses and Crimes Against Minors Registry Act; registrants to submit email address.
- HB2186: Line of Duty Act; amends definition of deceased person.
- HB2187: High-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes; increases fines for drivers in Hampton Roads Planning District.
- HB3048: Emergency management plans; local and interjurisdictional agency to review.
- HB3051: Private attorney or collection agency; may collect fines, etc., and have access to DMV records.
- HB3066: Wireless telecommunications devices; prohibits use thereof by certain drivers.
- HB3103: Income tax, state; provides nonrefundable tax credit to police officers and certain firefighters.
- HB3117: Criminal Justice Services Board; increases membership for Committee on Training.
- HJ813: Celebrating the life of D. Marilyn Doheny.
- HJ820: Celebrating the life of Walter J. Zakrzewski.
- HR73: Celebrating the life of William Inman Dillon.
- HB1444: Real estate tax; exemptions for elderly and disabled in City of Norfolk.
- HB1493: Address Confidentiality Program; established to protect victims of domestic violence.
- HB1494: Driver's licenses, provisional; restriction on using cellular phones and wireless devices.
- HJ175: Commending Sharon I. Byrdsong.
- HJ176: Commending the Norfolk Public Schools.
- HJ229: Mentoring Month and Thank Your Mentor Day in Virginia.
- HJ438: Commending Eleanor Field Bradshaw.
- HJ5121: Celebrating the life of Ann Kennedy Hedgepeth.