Delegate Roslyn Tyler (D-Jarratt)
- 75: Counties of Brunswick, Dinwiddie (part), Greensville, Isle of Wight (part), Lunenburg (part), Southampton (part), Surry (part), and Sussex (part); Cities of Emporia and Franklin (part) [map]
- Took Office
- January 2006
- Next Election
- November 2015
- Commerce and Labor, Education, Militia, Police and Public Safety
- Copatroning Habits
- 66% of bills she copatroned were introduced by Democrats. Of all of the copatrons of her bills, 67% of them are Democrats. Of all of the copatrons of all of the bills that she also copatroned, 53% of them are Democrats.
- Tag Cloud
- Bills Passed
- 5.9% in 2014
- Campaign Contributions
- $34,249.82 cash on hand (May 2013 report)
|VA AFL-CIO||Labor Union||Richmond||$1,000|
|Community Loans of America||Loan Company||Atlanta||$1,000|
|International Papers, PAC||Paper Industry||DC||$750|
|VA Cable||Cable Company||Richmond||$500|
|Altria Client Services||Manufacturing Company||Richmond||$500|
|Norfolk-Souther Corporation||Railroad Company||Norfolk||$250|
|VA Association of Health Plans||Insurance Co.||Richmond||$250|
|Christian & Barton LLP||Law Firm||Richmond||$250|
Progress Index: Lawmakers had mixed results in General Assembly session
April 13, 2015
Bluefield Daily Telegraph: African-American lawmakers surprised by redistricting suit
January 25, 2015
Tidewater News: Delegate's legislation introduced into Assembly
January 17, 2015
Tidewater News: Bradshaw Building dedicated
March 25, 2015
William and Mary News: Annual Road to Richmond a success
January 29, 2015
These are all of the video clips of Roslyn Tyler’s remarks on the floor of the House since 2009. There are 49 video clips in all.
- HB1284: Branchville, Town of; amending charter, elections, terms of office of council members.
- HB1374: License plates, special; issuance for veterans who have a service-connected disability.
- HB1484: Schools; approval of annual budgets.
- HB2197: Broadband Advisory Council; increases membership.
- HB2255: Lawrenceville, Town of; DOC to convey certain real property to be used for water facilities.
- HJ760: Celebrating the life of William Rohimbox Morrison, Jr., M.D.
- HR273: Commending The Improvement Association.
- HR278: Commending Mercy Seat Reformed Zion Union Apostolic Church.
- HR279: Celebrating the life of Michael Trenton Rose.
- HB62: Disposal of solid waste fees; Southampton County.
- HB215: Social services, district board of; process for withdrawal by local governments.
- HJ31: Corrections, Department of; JLARC to study staffing levels and employment conditions.
- HJ169: Commending Joseph Wynn.
- HJ214: Commending Garland W. Baird.
- HJ326: Commemorating the 300th anniversary of Fort Christanna.
- HJ360: Commending Aaron S. Huff.
- HJ424: Commending W. Curtis Outten, Jr.
- HJ441: Commending Douglas R. Pond.
- HJ5001: Celebrating the life of Isiah Garfield Hopkins, Sr.
- HJ5002: Commending New Mount Zion Baptist Church.
- HJ5023: Commending Virginia Diner, Inc.
- HJ5049: Commending Tyler Jackson Whitley.
- HJ5064: Commending Oliver W. Spencer, Jr.
- HJ5065: Commending Austin N. Dixon.
- HJ5066: Commending Virginia National Guard 1710th Transportation Company.
- HJ5068: Celebrating the life of Robert H. Conner.
- HJ5078: Commending Charles Edward Smith, Jr.
- HJ5082: Commending Dr. Philip Lee Worrell.
- HJ5091: Celebrating the life of the Reverend Dr. George H. Studivant.
- HJ5092: Commending Benjamin Jackson Holland.
- HJ5093: Celebrating the life of George Malvin Carter.
- HJ5115: Commending Roberta Naranjo.
- HJ5148: Commending Main Street Baptist Church.
- HJ5149: Commending the Greensville Retired Teachers Association.
- HJ5150: Celebrating the life of Marcus Dwayne Pair.
- HJ5240: Celebrating the life of Roberta Neal Coldiron Rickers.
- HR103: Celebrating the life of Percy Lee House, III.
- HR160: Commending Aaron S. Huff.
- HR501: Commending Cass Creech.
- HR535: Commending Tyler Jackson Whitley.
- HR536: Commending Austin N. Dixon.
- HR537: Commending Charles Edward Smith, Jr.
- HR552: Commending Arthur A. Johnson.
- HB1459: Law-Enforcement Officers Procedural Guarantee Act; definition of law-enforcement officer.
- HB1460: Tolls; prohibits on Interstate Route 95 without approval of General Assembly.
- HB1797: Transient occupancy tax; adds Greensville County to list of counties authorized to levy.
- HB2270: Social services, district board of; process for withdrawal by local governing body of county, etc.
- HJ585: Constitutional amendment; restoration of civil rights (first reference).
- HJ586: Agricultural and forestry products; weight limits on interstate highways.
- HJ728: Commending the Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- HR132: Commending Grant Bradley.
- HR156: Commending Saint Matthew's Baptist Church.
- HR162: Celebrating the life of the Reverend Lynne J. Bradley.
- HR189: Commending Little Bethel Baptist Church.
- HR228: Commending the Brunswick County Chamber of Commerce.
- HB204: Franklin, City of; charter.
- HB205: Law-Enforcement Procedural Guarantee Act; definition of law-enforcement officer.
- HB778: Tolls; prohibits on Interstate 95 without approval of General Assembly.
- HR12: Commending Forrest Daniel South.
- HR25: Celebrating the life of Martha Anderson Rollings.
- HR27: Commending Bennett Feild Owen.
- HR28: Commending Robert H. Conner.
- HR44: Commending Walter D. Brown III.
- HR52: Commending Marc L. Finney.
- HR53: Commending Linda B. Richardson.
- HR56: Celebrating the life of Harris L. Parker.
- HR59: Commending Doretha E. Moody.
- HR60: Commending John V. Talmage.
- HR61: Commending Glover W. Pegram.
- HR62: Commending T. Wayne Birdsong.
- HR63: Commending Wayne M. Harrell.
- HR64: Commending Anita Felts.
- HR65: Commending Moses Wyche.
- HR503: Commending Walter Luther Young, Jr.
- HR504: Commending Nellie Dugger Williams.
- HR507: Commending Louise Mont-Tucker.
- HR508: Commending Robert Christian Rickers.
- HR540: Commending the Lawrenceville Volunteer Fire Department.
- HR593: Commending Charles Edward Turner.
- HB1743: Nottoway River; extends portion that is designated as a component of Virginia Scenic Rivers System.
- HB1744: Redesignation of joint enterprise zones; Department of Housing & Community Development to expand.
- HB2354: Charter; City of Franklin.
- HB2355: Transient Occupancy Tax; adds Brunswick County to those localities authorized to impose.
- HB2432: Law-enforcement officer; definition.
- HJ596: Corrections Officer Day; designating as March 16, 2011, and each succeeding year thereafter.
- HJ839: Celebrating the life of Samuel Ernest Bush, Jr.
- HR57: Celebrating the life of Homer R. Pond.
- HR84: Commending Justin Grant.
- HB136: Blackwater River; designates a portion as component of State Scenic Rivers System.
- HB137: Solid waste disposal; Isle of Wight and Southampton Counties to levy fees upon each household.
- HB1226: Veterans Day; adds Global War on Terrorism, etc., to wars that are honored.
- HB1302: Roanoke River Rails-to-Trails, Inc.; conveyance of certain property in Town of Lawrenceville.
- HB1303: Jet bases; removes localities that have auxiliary landing fields from certain existing provisions.
- HJ32: Nottoway Indian Tribe; State extends recognition and grants representation on VCI.
- HJ171: Cheroenhaka (Nottoway) Indian Tribe; General Assembly to extend state recognition thereto, etc.
- HJ337: Commending Rosebud Baptist Church on the occasion of its 100th anniversary.
- HJ338: Commending the Town of Boykins on the occasion of its 125th anniversary.
- HJ414: Celebrating the life of Anna Leola Jones Studivant.
- HJ473: Commending Zion Baptist Church.
- HR23: Commending Kiara N. Lee.
- HB1713: Holland-Councill Memorial Bridge; designating as Route 58 business bridge over Blackwater River.
- HB1714: Diversionary cash assistance; revises limitation on receipt of one-time assistance to one payment.
- HB1715: Admissions tax; adds Greensville County to list of those that may impose at events.
- HB2405: Health Professions, Department of; may release information for determining shortage designations.
- HB2521: Health insurance; coverage for length of hospital inpatient stay for mother and newborn.
- HJ656: Constitutional amendment; restoration of civil rights for certain felons (first reference).
- HJ832: Celebrating the life of Edwin Carter Nettles, Jr.
- HJ839: Commending the Franklin High School football team
- HJ870: Celebrating the life of Jameer Khamarie Woodley.
- HJ948: Celebrating the life of Shirley Lee Turner Williams.
- HJ977: Commending Gabby Gatten.
- HB1214: Trees, state-owned; increases minimum threshold for sales thereof from state forests.
- HB1215: Charter; City of Emporia.
- HB1216: Planning time for school teachers.
- HB1217: Charter; Town of Lawrenceville.
- HB1464: Trooper Robert A. Hill Memorial Bridge; designating as bridge over Route 58 in Southampton County.
- HJ215: Jails, local and regional; joint subcommittee to study mental health services.
- HJ406: Commending Mount Calvary Baptist Church on the occasion of its 115th anniversary.
- HJ494: Commending Samantha Urquhart.
- HJ516: Commending Sidney Rawls III.
- HJ517: Commending Anita Renee Ricks.
- HB1593: Childhood obesity; Board of Education & Health Department establish standards to prevent thereof.
- HB2460: Charter; Town of Boykins.
- HB2809: National Guard; employment protection.
- HJ726: Healthy Virginians/Healthy Students Week.
- HJ727: Childhood obesity; local school divisions encouraged to continue efforts to address.
- HJ845: Celebrating the life of Senior Trooper Robert A. Hill, Sr.
- HJ969: Commending Chapel Hill Baptist Church on the occasion of its 100th anniversary
- HJ997: Commending the Pegram Family.
- HR89: Commending Ebony Thompson.
- HR91: Commending Lucas Mineika.
- HB1590: Teachers; salary should equal or surpass national average for those in public schools.
- HB1591: Office of Small Business Advocacy; created.
- HB1592: Farm produce; allows farmers to sell if they meet certain conditions, penalty.
- HB1593: Childhood obesity; prevention and reduction in public schools.
- HJ471: Celebrating the life of Linwood Brown, Jr.
- HJ516: Commending Alton F. Owen, Sr.
- HJ517: Commending Kelsey Pedigo.
- HJ5029: Commending Sunbeam Baptist Church.
- HJ5069: Commending Dale W. Baird.
- HJ5166: Commending the Davis family and the Davis and Sons Truck Terminal; 50th anniversary.
- HR30: Commending Darius Hargrove.
- HR31: Commending Caleb Pearson.